Carnival Victory being sunshined to Carnival Radiance

shof515

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, shof515 said:

The Triumph will be sailing without passengers between NOLA and Spain for its drydock, and then sail without passengers from Spain to Virginia, USA for the first sailing with passengers

First part might be true, but no the second.  I booked it for a 12 day Europe cruise in May, 2020.

6 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

First part might be true, but no the second.  I booked it for a 12 day Europe cruise in May, 2020.

different ship

Carnival Triumph will be renamed to Carnival Sunrise, there is no transatlantic for 2019 when the ship goes to Spain for drydock

Carnival Victory will be re renamed to the Carnival Radiance, So far there is no transatlantic cruises from USA to Spain but they are Europe sailings and a transatlantic back to the USA in 2020 

In respect to the names, I wonder why Carnival or one of the other major cruise lines, have not thought of naming their new ships after great cruise liners of the past.  Michelangelo, Normandy, United States, etc.  This would bring up memories of these great ships.

Of course I think that everyone will pass on the Titanic. 

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

different ship

Carnival Triumph will be renamed to Carnival Sunrise, there is no transatlantic for 2019 when the ship goes to Spain for drydock

Carnival Victory will be re renamed to the Carnival Radiance, So far there is no transatlantic cruises from USA to Spain but they are Europe sailings and a transatlantic back to the USA in 2020 

I suspect the reason for no eastbound transatlantics is that they will start the refurb work as soon as the last passenger disembarks from the prior cruise (if not before, which has been the unfortunate experience of some who sail the last cruise before drydock).

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, GMRPHRN said:

I've heard of these TA sailings but never seen one on the website.  Are they typically just sea days or do they make some stops?  How long are they typically? 

There's a 13 night cruise from Spain to New York in 2020, Yes, it does have some port stops.

1 hour ago, Crusin Hogs said:

Lipstick on a Pig ,,Carnival will fool new cruisers into thinking it is a new ship ,, Refurbished tub ,, We'll stick with the Breeze , Vista and Horizon  

Funny that a cruisin hog would bring up a pig reference, the hole post was humor right?  Sunshine consistently ranks in the top 5 ships bu those who cruise her, have you? 

On 11/14/2018 at 1:43 PM, bettyboop16 said:

There's a 13 night cruise from Spain to New York in 2020, Yes, it does have some port stops.

Booked it! Thanks for the heads up! We've not done a TA. This one is just ahead of our 40th wedding anniversary so the timing is just right. 

A bonus for us: one port stop is in the Azores. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, CarribeanDiva said:

NCTribefan, I saw somewhere that you have stayed in Victory cabin 7205.  Can you tell me if you liked it or not?  It is very oddly shaped, and I am curious. Thanks!

I thought the 4J looked really interesting, and it was.  The layout was awkward and cabin was pretty small.  It was actually a HC modified cabin, which I didn't realize when I booked.  So, the bathroom was larger than normal.

Biggest issue for me was people would go out to the "not-very-secret" deck at all hours.  There are two doors.  They'd open both doors and then the wind would slam both shut, so every night I was awakened multiple times with the door slamming right next to my head.  And since that was a-port-every-day sailing back then, and I had tours every day, I was really exhausted when I got home.

Wonder when we'll get Roll Calls set up.

I didn't look at the Bermuda sailings.  Wish they would do a few from Norfolk!  Thing with Bermuda is you need multiple days there to even come close to seeing everything.  On Glory from Norfolk (a 6 night sailing), we were there 1 full day and left at noon the next, so there really wasn't time to do anything on that 2nd day.  On Splendor (7 nights) we had 2-1/2 days, which was so much better.  Bermuda sailings are rather expensive, so I'd want to get as much time there as possible.

I thought the 6 day Bermuda sailing was decently priced. Picked 7201 up front (deck view)  close to the Cabin you were talking about. $1679 for two ..... Arrives the first day at 5pm so we'd go ashore for dinner . 2nd day is full day and the 3rd day we don't leave until 4pm which is pretty much a full day still for a tour. This was a pretty much an affordable cruise for the wife and I only as the kids are staying home. They are coming with us that April for our 12 day on the Celebrity Silhouette .... 

On 11/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, bettyboop16 said:

We booked this as soon as it was released along with 7 of our cruising friends. I like the smaller ships, have been on both Vista and Horizon TA and while I enjoyed both ships, I still prefer the smaller ships. I'm not pleased that they are doing the same thing to the show room as on both those ships and the sunshine but seems to be the direction of Carnivalnow.

Pat