A (not so) brief review of our Bliss Mexican Riviera cruise Oct 5-13

LincolnLog

Was there anywhere to get a  Latte or cappuccino that is no charge, other than paying at Starbucks.    I noticed you did not eat Dinner at Savor or Taste. Is the menu the same as Manhattan?  What did you like about Manhattan. And the best dish you had on the cruise..

19 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

Was there anywhere to get a  Latte or cappuccino that is no charge, other than paying at Starbucks.    I noticed you did not eat Dinner at Savor or Taste. Is the menu the same as Manhattan?  What did you like about Manhattan. And the best dish you had on the cruise..

Wow good questions. I don’t think you can get a latte or cappuccino outside of the Starbucks. The closest I can tell you is that I ordered an Irish coffee from the Atrium bar and I saw him go over to Starbucks to get the espresso shot, so that was cool. The Manhattan room has the same dinner menu as Savor and Taste, but it just has a flair that those two don’t have. They are kind of bland and boring, and much smaller than Manhattan. The Manhattan room has much more of a “main dining room” type of feel.  But if you’re looking for a quiet dinner away from the crowd and noise, Savor and Taste would work just fine. 

4 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

Thanks for all the info - I am guessing you probably weren't out too late with the kiddos in tow, but did you get a sense for the nightlife, hear anything? 

We stopped in at the Caliente party on the pool deck one night. It must have been close to midnight and it was going pretty good. Other than that I noticed that there was a late night DJ at the Social a few times but never made it in there. 

Edited by LincolnLog

On 10/16/2018 at 1:51 PM, LincolnLog said:

* Room steward - I still can’t figure this one out. She didn’t exactly do anything bad, but she was so different from every other one we’ve had. It just seemed like she didn’t like her job. You know how when you walk down the hallway, every room steward gives you a cheerful greeting whether it’s the one that does your room or not? Not this one. She didn’t even greet us outside our own room! Also she didn’t introduce herself to us, or leave anything with her name on it. We had to find out her name from the steward down the hall. She seemed irritated that we asked her to put the top bunk away and turn the bottom one back into a couch. On other ships they’ve always done that without us asking. Also on the last day, she knocked loudly on our door at 7am. I opened it and she was already walking away. She looked back and said “Just checking” and kept walking. What the hell?

We were on this cruise as well on deck 10 - 10780 starboard side.  I am wondering if we had same attendant because it sure sounds like it.  Our steward was Maria and she was awful. She never spoke to us either.  Once we advised the shower drain was not working properly and therefore slightly flooded bathroom requiring use of all towels to clean up.  Asked for more towels and she literally rolled her eyes and handed 2 bath mats and then never serviced our room that night, so no towels.  Every day she left a used yellow cleaning rag somewhere in the room, it became a game to guess where it would be.  Our toilet seat was always covered in soap suds and wet after she cleaned, requiring us to use one of our clean towels to wipe it up.  It was just so unusual.  We too received a knock on the door around 7 am on last day and then again at 8:00 - that time i rudely retorted that we had heard her the first time. I have never had a steward who so obviously hated their job. I am sure it must be the same person.  I generally can shrug this stuff off, but she was so over the top bad it was hard not to notice.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lov2sun said:

We were on this cruise as well on deck 10 - 10780 starboard side.  I am wondering if we had same attendant because it sure sounds like it.  Our steward was Maria and she was awful. She never spoke to us either.  Once we advised the shower drain was not working properly and therefore slightly flooded bathroom requiring use of all towels to clean up.  Asked for more towels and she literally rolled her eyes and handed 2 bath mats and then never serviced our room that night, so no towels.  Every day she left a used yellow cleaning rag somewhere in the room, it became a game to guess where it would be.  Our toilet seat was always covered in soap suds and wet after she cleaned, requiring us to use one of our clean towels to wipe it up.  It was just so unusual.  We too received a knock on the door around 7 am on last day and then again at 8:00 - that time i rudely retorted that we had heard her the first time. I have never had a steward who so obviously hated their job. I am sure it must be the same person.  I generally can shrug this stuff off, but she was so over the top bad it was hard not to notice.  

That’s funny, we were neighbors. We were just a few doors down from you in 10770. It had to have been the same person. Although we had the same problem with our shower not draining and she actually took care of it quickly. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky on that one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusincouple8 said:

I have a question about the Crowne Plaza.  Did the shuttle to the port cost anything or was it free?  Loved your review.

It was free. I’m pretty sure it started running at 10:00 am but I was told that you could ask to leave earlier if you wanted because they start picking up people from the ship pretty early. But make sure to find out where to catch it on the way back. When we got off the ship it was raining and we couldn’t find the shuttle stop so we just took an Uber back to the hotel. 

Edited by LincolnLog

Savour and taste have the same menu as the Manhattan room. The only  restaurant I did not go to was Ocean Blue  the pool deck was busy sometimes but did not feel overwhelming crowded like some other ships I been on.  In fact it did not feel crowded around the ship at all so was hard to notice that 4000 were on board.  For the elevators I found the forward ones to be worse and found it easier to use the aft ones. Destination dispatch would help as not all elevators in one bank  go to all decks and is annoying when the elevators stops at a deck and the person waiting gets in the one on the other side as each button has only 4 of 8 elevators tied to it

On 10/16/2018 at 5:28 PM, Georgie562 said:

Boarding November 3rd as well. Thanks for the review.

You mentioned that Prohibition is now $35.95?? The website under our reservation still shows $29.99 so why do I have a feeling we will also end up paying $35.95 as opposed to the $29.99 on the website. Bummer.  I think we are gonna pass on the show as well. Not a fan of getting pulled up on stage anyways.

Ugh,  I hadn't heard the getting pulled up on stage part. Hate that kinda stuff. Do you have any more info on what the chances are of that happening? We were considering going. 

2 hours ago, rhiannon35 said:

Ugh,  I hadn't heard the getting pulled up on stage part. Hate that kinda stuff. Do you have any more info on what the chances are of that happening? We were considering going. 

Participants are pre-screened. No one is pressured into doing anything.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, LincolnLog said:

The arch in Cabo from our balcony

8DEB8455-BE85-47F6-A135-F0DD2131830F.jpeg

Hey, there is no water under the Arch making it walkable and able to take nice pictures right under the arch!!
This only happens every 4 years or something like that!! Oh man how cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great review! Spot on!  Was on the 9/30-10/5 sailing...….didn't care for the cruise directors.  Our cabin steward was a joke!! Gave him a tip for extra in room coffee....never got any extra.  He left dirty coffee cups in the cabin.  Was basically non existant when you needed him. We ran into a "drunk" couple who actually started off as hilarious but the gentleman started to "bend, flex, etc" and got our group a bit concerned....he took full advantage of his unlimited beverage package because everytime I saw them after---drinks were in hand.  They were "very friendly" which had our gang wondering if they were swingers LOL....but wasn't or didn't get sick....and they staggered around mainly on their own. After I got back (less than 12 hrs) booked my next April 7 on the Dawn...was advised don't be disappointed after being on the Bliss....it is what you make it and I had a blast!  Many from our group we met stayed on for your cruise.....which bummed me out! 

• Like 1