Editing your signature

1 hour ago, Scotty G said:

Don't hit the return but type everything consecutively. Hitting the return automatically makes spaces.

Understood, but my signature is imported from the old forum, i didn't type it in here.  I was hoping for 1 cruise on each line single spaced the way it was before.   I probably won't worry too much as people can choose to ignore signatures or not to expand them. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I'm with you on that, but I think you and I are in the minority. but there is enough of us that I liked the last version's EXPAND SIGNATURE button when it was introduced. I just can't figure out why my cruise history is double spaced making the whole signature longer than even I want it to be. 

I take it you have not tried to edit it yet.  Just cleaned up mine to fit into 6 line rule.

the Sig pic and the URL eat up two of the lines

5 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Understood, but my signature is imported from the old forum, i didn't type it in here.  I was hoping for 1 cruise on each line single spaced the way it was before.   I probably won't worry too much as people can choose to ignore signatures or not to expand them. 

It is fixed as is until you change the whole thing. That's what I ended up doing 😞 

Edited by Scotty G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I take it you have not tried to edit it yet.  Just cleaned up mine to fit into 6 line rule.

the Sig pic and the URL eat up two of the lines

I tried, but briefly. I went to the end of the line of my first cruise and hit DELETE hoping it would delete the space between lines, but it brought the beginning of my 2nd cruise up to that line.   I'll try again soon, I have to work on the Columbus Marathon most of the rest of this week. 

3 minutes ago, BillOh said:

OK, good luck editing it.  rejected mine

2 hours ago, Scotty G said:

Unless they took the change option off line I modified my signature 3 times already.

It will let me edit it down to the countdown clock and then I cant do any more with it. It wont even let me delete the countdown clock.

25 minutes ago, kimcruiser said:

It will let me edit it down to the countdown clock and then I cant do any more with it. It wont even let me delete the countdown clock.

Put your cursor at the right side of the clock box and do one backspace. That should erase it.

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

I'm with you on that, but I think you and I are in the minority. but there is enough of us that I liked the last version's EXPAND SIGNATURE button when it was introduced. I just can't figure out why my cruise history is double spaced making the whole signature longer than even I want it to be. 

Maybe that means you are now Double Diamond 😁 I vote for a promotion... Looking forward to your next review!

1 hour ago, pizzalady1 said:

computer

1. At the top of the screen, right under the Cruise Critic Banner, you should see your user name on the right side
  2. Click the drop down arrow next to your name
  3. Select Account Settings
  4. Once that comes up, on the left hand side, click on Signature
  5. When that screen comes up, you'll see where you can edit your signature.
  6. Type in your new info and click Save at the bottom

There is no Edit button that I see.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Domino D said:
  1. At the top of the screen, right under the Cruise Critic Banner, you should see your user name on the right side

Follow the rules or you'll get flagged

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

Thanks, that worked except that I have 2 images bigger than the allowance. So, I just left it alone. 

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

OK, good luck editing it.  rejected mine

I dunno why it allowed mine. Much longer than 6 lines. I had to make adjustments and get rid of the countdown clock, and then add the bullets to make it smaller. Ugh.. gonna figure something out soon.. but not until I get back from these next two. 

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm hoping they loosen the restrictions at some point.  I agree that the Expand Signature option is a good way to keep long signatures from taking up a lot of screen space, but still have them available should someone want to look at it.  

From what I've read CC no longer wants to support the Expand Signature feature.  

If that's accurate, no one wants to see a list of 97 cruises