Extra towel for shore excursions

RW_MI

I searched this forum and didn't see an answer (but I'm not sure the search functionality is working 100% yet!).  

Will I be able to get two towels to take on shore excursions?  I'm usually in and out of the water snorkeling and prefer not to sit on a wet towel all day, so I need to know if I need to pack a towel or not.  Thanks!

Yes, you may get as many towels as you wish. If you go to the towel hut on Lido, they will give you as many as you want. You just have to show them your S&S card. They will ask you how many you want. They will keep track of how many you check out, so just make sure you return as many as you take, so they don’t charge you for them.

Edited by blarko

The towels run around 22 bucks each, so if you don't bring one back, you will be charged.  If you are not flying to the port, why not just carry one with you.  That way you wont have to worry about it.  We did that on our first cruise, but never will again, it's just easier to let Carnival do their own laundry.:classic_smile:   What port are you going to,?  They may actually have nice beach chairs and you wont have to worry about it at all.

We never travel without these. The Carnival towels are huge and 2 towels take up an entire beach bag. These microfiber towels are the best, light weight, take up the space of a washcloth, and dry very quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Rainleaf-Microfiber-Towel-Inches-Green/dp/B01A4ZXX6S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539889447&sr=8-3&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel

• Like 1

Thanks!  I just now ordered the one below.  Between a lightning deal and a coupon, it was under $11, and will be easy to throw in my bag. Thanks for the recommendation!

https://www.amazon.com/Syourself-Microfiber-Sports-Travel-Carabiner/dp/B01K4EQYWO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1539906981&sr=8-5&keywords=quick%2Bdrying%2Btravel%2Btowels&dpID=51ULI4ViPYL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1&psc=1

19 hours ago, coevan said:

We never travel without these. The Carnival towels are huge and 2 towels take up an entire beach bag. These microfiber towels are the best, light weight, take up the space of a washcloth, and dry very quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Rainleaf-Microfiber-Towel-Inches-Green/dp/B01A4ZXX6S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539889447&sr=8-3&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel

Thanks for the link.  I'm going to order some b/c as you said, the Carnival towels take up so much space.  I barely have room in my beach bag for other items when I pack Carnival towels.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, coevan said:

no problem, you will love it

You were so right!!!  

Got my towel today, washed and dried it (the one I ordered could be machine dried) then tested it after a shower.  It's awesome!  I ordered another one.

I would never have known this was a decent option, so thanks.  Every other microfiber rag/towel I've touched makes me recoil. This one's super soft and super absorbent.  Love it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 3:06 PM, coevan said:

Do you have the XL or XXL? 

We're going to order them now, even though our next cruise isn't until Feb.

I just looked them up and there's many highly rated reviews. Lol, I'm tired of lugging ours everytime. They take almost 3/4 of my carry-on.

Excursion towels are one of the many things this newbie never considered...you make lugging a towel from the ship seem like such a hassle (lol), but I would not want to invest in 5 towels for this purpose.

How lame would it be for me to bring those almost-ready-to-be-garage-towels? They tend to be thin (perhaps with holes or fraying). I figure we could toss them in a waste bin in port if we were done with them or didn't want to carry them anymore? Thoughts?

I was on the Dream in April 2017 and we had 3 people in our room. Our steward kept bringing beach towels, and we grabbed a couple when we were headed off the ship (no one asked to see our S&S card for them) and we counted at one point we had like 12 beach towels in our room haha. None of us took them home but I guarantee you they had no idea how many we had and we each could've swiped one and no one would have known.