Daylight Saving Time

Smang

I am going to be embarking on the Carnival Breeze on 11/03/18 for a Journeys cruise out of Port Canaveral. Since Daylight Saving Time will end at 2AM on 11/04/18, will the ship time fall back to EST as well? Or will it continue to be the time it was when we leave (DST)? We are wanting to book excursions but are unsure if our time will remain the same as most of our ports or if we will be an hour behind when we arrive. Thanks for your help!!

While CCL does not normally switch time on board, with a switch from DST to Standard time, they will have to switch at some point on your cruise. Usually it will be on the first night, but the captain might wait and do it on the night that you return to port.

9 hours ago, Smang said:

I am going to be embarking on the Carnival Breeze on 11/03/18 for a Journeys cruise out of Port Canaveral. Since Daylight Saving Time will end at 2AM on 11/04/18, will the ship time fall back to EST as well? Or will it continue to be the time it was when we leave (DST)? We are wanting to book excursions but are unsure if our time will remain the same as most of our ports or if we will be an hour behind when we arrive. Thanks for your help!!

I believe your real question is regarding the port arrival times stated by Carnival - and whether or not they are the local times for each port expressed in their own time zone and their own adopted standard or daylight time. For example Antigua is in the Atlantic time zone and uses standard time all year long. If the stated arrival times are the local times, then it makes no difference when the ship changes from daylight to standard.

You could call and ask Carnival how the arrival times are being expressed. However, If you are planning on booking excursions with well qualified local tour agencies, they should actually know when your ship is scheduled to arrive in their local time and thus should be able to schedule your excursion appropriately.

I am afraid you cannot be certain as to when the ship will change time. You may be best to flag with your tour operators that there may be the two times (local and ship's) and as such you will try and keep them informed as to the most likely time.