embed photos

Can someone please explain how I can embed photos from 3rd party sites such as Shutterfly or Snapfish in a post? 

When I open a photo in these sites and choose "share", I get a link to copy, but when I put it in a post, only get a link to the photo, not an embedded photo.

Thanks,

Bob

The way it works for me is on the bottom right of the reply box you'll see Insert other media. I click on that then select Insert Image from URL, paste the image URL into the pop up box and hit insert into post.

This is from Google Photos

44byJLUEoddnxNRHYqPEZK3wPRVOU2PipQUkSda6

Edited by SciFiGuy1960

42 minutes ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

The way it works for me is on the bottom right of the reply box you'll see Insert other media. I click on that then select Insert Image from URL, paste the image URL into the pop up box and hit insert into post.

Thank you for your reply. I am trying this, I paste the link in the pop up box, when I click "insert into post", the box just turns an amber color, and then...nothing.  It does not get inserted.  Wondering if I am overlooking anything????  Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having the same problem. I also can't seem to copy and paste our Roll Call list (which I have in Word) anymore. I can only add the file, which appears as a link to be opened and can no longer get it to appear as a list as I've done up until the new site opened. 

• 1 month later...

You can copy & Paste it?

Acidburns-Israel

Alb2star-Alistair & Nancy-Bathgate, Scotland, UK

Barstamp – DE

Beagle Lover-Eleanor-1635-Blu

Beaver1p-Larry & Linda-1093-Open-Titusville, FL

Bosoxl-Ken & Nancy, Blu, VA

Bobbyd1945-Goodyear, AZ

CeeeKr-Mike & Cindy-Davenport, FL

On 10/19/2018 at 7:43 AM, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Bummer,  not sure that is what you were hoping for

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bummer,  not sure that is what you were hoping for

Yes, I saw that reminded me of the hours ive spent trying to use g photos

thing is - the poster can probably see the picture.  Trying to share it doesnt seem to help either but it is months maybe even a year since I tried.

Its the google end that does it.  Their computer isnt big enough to host free pictures  LOL!!!

Edited by Aulanis

35 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Yes, I saw that reminded me of the hours ive spent trying to use g photos

thing is - the poster can probably see the picture.  Trying to share it doesnt seem to help either but it is months maybe even a year since I tried.

Its the google end that does it.  Their computer isnt big enough to host free pictures  LOL!!!

I used to shutterfly my pics.  That ended a while ago.  Being able to go direct from laptop is much easier now with direct post

It is a Google photos link issue (the links aren't image files), if you own  the album or photo open the photo in google photos, right click (Firefox), pick copy image location and just paste into the message

image.png.96a72a1f2a553ac781439a6806cb80be.png

This post in the test forum shows how to do the same thing in IE 11, EDGE and Chrome

Edited by AlanF65

UkYpg1ICO62rwWSCngfLGWllz6ImgpCvm36ZT2lE

Thanks  Alan      - I hadnt tried it with the new format  Will have to see where it is hosted when post it.  Guessing Invision.   If nothing else the new format has made posting decent quality pics easier. Not that I post many  - usually just maps. 

EDIT   Hmm   can you see that  its hosted at google

but there again I copied image location as per your picture  Maybe should have just copies Image

as per the text.

Edited by Aulanis

27 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

UkYpg1ICO62rwWSCngfLGWllz6ImgpCvm36ZT2lE

Thanks  Alan      - I hadnt tried it with the new format  Will have to see where it is hosted when post it.  Guessing Invision.   If nothing else the new format has made posting decent quality pics easier. Not that I post many  - usually just maps. 

EDIT   Hmm   can you see that  its hosted at google

but there again I copied image location as per your picture  Maybe should have just copies Image

as per the text.

copy image and copy image location both seem to work.

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Any advice on a Word doc? I can post the link, which then can be opened, but not the graphic image.

When you click the link what does your browser use to open the file?

You might try using Save As to save the document as an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file and post a link to that.

My browser (Edge) posts a link to the file that I uploaded. It appears as a link. When the link is clicked, the document appears. I'm trying to just cut and paste the document so that it appears as text within the post. I'll try the PDF suggestion, but suspect that will also appear as a link. Fingers crossed that it'll work.

7 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

My browser (Edge) posts a link to the file that I uploaded. It appears as a link. When the link is clicked, the document appears. I'm trying to just cut and paste the document so that it appears as text within the post. I'll try the PDF suggestion, but suspect that will also appear as a link. Fingers crossed that it'll work.

If you want the full document text to appear in the post Save As the document as an RTF (Rich Text Format). Then, with the document still open, copy & paste into a post. 

@AlanF65       That is what I thought would happen  the pics hosted at google disappear overnight

I will try again using copy image rather than copy image location.  Really I should be in the test forum.

image.png.be4c64dca247ac34cc38debef60af1b3.png

Ok - That is now hosted at invision - used copy image and paste.

Edited by Aulanis