Platinum/Elite Lounge

BIGADORF

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

You may order whatever you like, they will be served to you at regular price or “free” if you have a beverage package. 

YMMV - as sometimes ships are crazy and go by different procedures. 

You are quite correct. I've seen posts where people said their beverage package wasn't honored at the PES thing. They were either wrong or let some clueless crew member bamboozle them. I wouldn't let that stand and would simply (politely) ask to speak with a manager and get it fixed. On our last two cruises we had the beverage package as a perk. I ordered Chairman of the Board martinis at most of the PES events we attended and Tanqueray and Tonic on the other occasions. Not a problem at all. Sometimes staff don't understand the conditions of the package but a simple (and polite) query with a manager can fix these issues without causing animosity from, or detriment to, the crew who misunderstood the conditions of the package.

14 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes we love it. We would go every night before dinner. But it seems it’s not like it used to be.  🙁

Agreed.  I think it varies a lot from cruise to cruise.  We try to go often and most always have a good time. 

10 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I had thought that you could order anything to drink, not just their selection.  Just straight up Grey Goose Vodka suits me fine.  I was hoping to just get my vodka.   

You can get any drinks in the PES lounge. Those not on the 'special' list are at the normal price. If you have the PBP, most are free under it. Like elsewhere on the ship you pay the extra for drinks priced at more than $12

On 10/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, paul929207 said:

It is available on all ships. Passengers in Suites and those who are Elite or Platinum in the Captain's Circle  are invited. There are a variety of hors d' overies with a feature item each evening. In addition, I think there is a small discount on a few mixed drinks. It is held in one of the lounges.

Yes it’s available but why bother. We have been there 2x in almost 4 weeks of cruising. Who drinks Manhattans anymore. Apologies to Manhattan lovers.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:55 PM, neverbeenhere said:

You may order whatever you like, they will be served to you at regular price or “free” if you have a beverage package. 

Per above, getting the drink of your choice won't be a problem ... same as elsewhere on the ship.  :classic_wink: