elegant night.

golfer1903

If I wanted to find out what nites were elegant nite so I can book pay type restraint for one of those nites rather then go to the second elegant nite how would I find out?

also  what is served on elegant nite anything different then reg menu and are both nites the same food served

thanks 

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights
The length of the cruise determines the number of  'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

The menu is different from first to second elegant night.  First elegant night normally has prime rib and lobster tail (for cruises of 6 nights or more).  The menu every night in the MDR is different.  I'm not sure why it is important to you to go to a specialty restaurant on elegant night, the dress code is the same (if that was your motivation).  

Never been to elegant night but mostly because my family does not like prime rib or lobster except me.

And we dont bring dress clothes. Best I would have is dockers pants and a polo collar shirt. And I dont feel it's enough but should be plenty for a extra pay place

On Carnival your clothing is perfectly fine for "elegant" night.

You do not have to be more dressed up than what you describe.

On a 7 night cruise the 2nd night you are on the ship is usually the first elegant night.

The 2nd one is usually the night before your last night on the ship.

My husband used to wear black jeans and black leather sneakers and a shirt with a collar to those nights and I thought he looked just fine!

20 minutes ago, golfer1903 said:

Never been to elegant night but mostly because my family does not like prime rib or lobster except me.

And we dont bring dress clothes. Best I would have is dockers pants and a polo collar shirt. And I dont feel it's enough but should be plenty for a extra pay place

The dress code for the speciality restaurants is the same as the dress code in the MDR.  So elegant night in the MDR is also elegant night in the  speciality restaurants.  If anything, people tend to dress up more when they go to the specialty restaurants.  However, docker pants and a polo collar shirt is fine for elegant night. 

22 minutes ago, golfer1903 said:

No problem with wearing your dockers & polo collar shirt for elegant night on Carnival.

Go and Enjoy!  :classic_smile:

10 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

The specialty restaurants and the MDR have the same dress code for elegant evenings.  What you described above is well within the dress code for either the MDR or a specialty restaurant.

10 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Also 7 night cruise on breeze may 11.

So how can I find out what nights are elegant

See post #2 directly from Carnival's website.  I'm afraid that no one (unless they just were off that exact same itinerary) can give you a more specific answer.

13 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Jeans and a decent shirt are good for any night!

What I did was I looked for recent reviews of the itinerary I'm going on that had a day by day review and guessed from that what my elegant nights will most likely be. As I suspected they were the 2nd and next to last nights. We too wanted to book specialty on one of these nights. We already booked Cucina del Capitano for the first elegant night and will either do buffet or another specialty again for the second..

Like others said, it's the lobster & prime rib that's really the main attraction for most. We have pretty much decided to skip elegant nights from now on because we don't eat lobster, the prime rib is okay, but nothing to write home about, and elegant nights are the busiest and it seems stuffy.

Edited by schazzy

15 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

The dress code is the same on elegant night for the specialty restaurant and main restaurant.

In my opinion you would be fine going to elegant night in dockers pants and a polo collar shirt.

16 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

That’s all my hubby wears on elegant night—khakis and polo—because we are so done with lugging formal wear on a cruise. We did it for years, and no more. Your dockers and polo are just fine. No need to eat elsewhere.