Gym

10 minutes ago, kathimac123 said:

Strange question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.  Does it cost extra to use the gym on any of the ships---specifically Harmony?  I'd like to use either a treadmill or cycle, if possible.  Thanks for any info.

Spin bikes are usually restricted to classes, which may have a charge.

NO IT DOES NOT COST EXTRA TO USE THE BASIC GYM.  (This after 80 cruises since 2012 on all classes of ship even empress).

OTHER TID BITS:

1. There is usually a morning on the mat STRETCH CLASS and ABS CLASS that is also free.

2 It costs for: the bike SPINNING CLASS  , PILATES guided class, YOGA guided class and their form or Circuit training and personal traning. They add 18% gratuity automatically so don't get fooled by the extra line that asks for even more tips if you fill out a room charge slip in the gym. 

3 SHOWER, STEAM, SAUNA

a. The Quantum class  and the little Empress have NO PUBLIC SHOWER STEAM OR SAUNA.

b Oasis class has a public no pay shower room. Its down a little corridor.

3 The Voyager, Freedom (even after upgrade) , Radiance, Vision class all have a free proper Sauna  and Steam actual rooms. Experience varies. On Mariner the Steam was great but Sauna not hot enough, for example.

4. Majesty has a steam shower. No sauna

Hope this helps! 

12 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

no it's free for gym use and treadmills.

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Spin bikes are usually restricted to classes, which may have a charge.

12 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

NO IT DOES NOT COST EXTRA TO USE THE BASIC GYM.  (This after 80 cruises since 2012 on all classes of ship even empress).

OTHER TID BITS:

1. There is usually a morning on the mat STRETCH CLASS and ABS CLASS that is also free.

2 It costs for: the bike SPINNING CLASS  , PILATES guided class, YOGA guided class and their form or Circuit training and personal traning. They add 18% gratuity automatically so don't get fooled by the extra line that asks for even more tips if you fill out a room charge slip in the gym. 

3 SHOWER, STEAM, SAUNA

a. The Quantum class  and the little Empress have NO PUBLIC SHOWER STEAM OR SAUNA.

3 The Voyager, Freedom (even after upgrade) , Radiance, Vision class all have a free proper Sauna  and Steam actual rooms. Experience varies. On Mariner the Steam was great but Sauna not hot enough, for example.

Hope this helps! 

Thank you all for the great information!!!

On 10/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, Sirlancelot said:

3 SHOWER, STEAM, SAUNA

Hope this helps! 

I didn't realize there were no showers on the Anthem.  My family of 4 is sailing next year in a Superior Ocean View and we were hoping to ease the shower situation by having some of us use the showers by the gym.  I've always seen showers on other ships and assumed it was standard.

7 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I didn't realize there were no showers on the Anthem.  My family of 4 is sailing next year in a Superior Ocean View and we were hoping to ease the shower situation by having some of us use the showers by the gym.  I've always seen showers on other ships and assumed it was standard.

I also find that strange. I assumed all cruise ships had showers for those using the gym and spa. I learn something new everyday on CC.