With 18 sea days do we need to book spa appointments in advance?

PrincessPete

Hi all, 28 night cruise on Oriana in February......18 sea days.....my wife will like to have about 5 spa sessions (massages, manicure etc)..........is it really necessary to book (and pay!) for them in advance or is a visit to the spa on embarkation day likely to still leave plenty of choice of dates/times.

With so many sea days she has plenty of choice when to go and it seems a bit pointless paying in advance and choosing a date - it is perhaps different with shore excursions where P&O have to liaise with external contractors etc to book coaches in advance but with the spa there is no real action required by them before the cruise.

Not having been with P&O for several years though, any comments much appreciated in case I am totally wrong and the spa gets pretty much booked in advance.

(I know there are often offers on port days but we intend to be ashore for every possible minute so will not be able to take advantage of them).

With thanks and kind regards. Peter

Edited by PrincessPete
missed word from title, second edit due to spelling mistake

I agree that there should be no need to book. Special offers are advertised in Horizon paper so provided they correspond with the treatment you are looking for,  you may get a more reasonable price. Just be careful they don’t talk you into buying lotions and potions you don’t really want or need as extras

Book on board but if your lady or you want a specific time on a gala night you will need to book asap. I use the spa a lot. Its a key part of my holiday. On gala formal nights it is well used and unless you are happy to go anytime then you will need to book. For example I do not want my hair do etc at 9.00am. So I do book these days before I board. Other visits I wait for offers or am happy to go as and when.

When I've been on board, they are generally touting for business, so I definitely wouldn't book early.  Same with the specialty restaurants.  They were coming round in the bars looking for business.  I really hate that when we are having a quiet drink.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, ccpm said:

Book on board but if your lady or you want a specific time on a gala night you will need to book asap. I use the spa a lot. Its a key part of my holiday. On gala formal nights it is well used and unless you are happy to go anytime then you will need to book. For example I do not want my hair do etc at 9.00am. So I do book these days before I board. Other visits I wait for offers or am happy to go as and when.

Is there somewhere to find out when the Gala nights are before embarking?

Edited by FiftyOnePlus