Will RC add more excursions?

Lizzie142

I know, I know, it is much cheaper to do excursions by ourselves ( so no need to tell me!) but DH and I like to book through Royal. 

We have a trip to southern Caribbean booked for next fall and there are so few excursions. One of the islands only has a scuba diving tour listed.

Do anyone know if more will be added as we move closer to our Sept 2019 date?

TIA

We usually book our own too outside of Royal. But for some reason on our upcoming cruise I felt the need to do it through Royal. Guess it's because it's a couple of places we've never been and just wanted to be safe. Anyway, not sure about them adding,  but I think I've read that occasionally they do. I have no proof of this though. 

And now reading Bob's post above mine I do have proof. He would know. 

Edited by dwayneb236

We are on a Bahamas cruise in August 2019 and more excursions are being added as the months go by.

We had nothing at all available for Port Canaveral until this week when they added one excursion! I’m expecting more though.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

It's not uncommon for more excursions to be added.

Or subtracted, or changed, or canceled.  I know the OP doesn't need to be told, but on the two southern Caribbean cruises I have taken, the private tours have been remarkably better and more reliable than RC offerings. .  They mentioned only a dive excursion was shown for one port.  I had the exact opposite problem,  In 2016 I wanted to dive in Bonaire, and for more than a year, they had no dive excusions listed.  Two weeks before the cruise they were added, that was too late for my planning.    The private excursions we ended up with in Barbados, Aruba, and Bonaire were the best of the trip. The ones in Curacao, St Criox, and another in Bonaire that were through Royal were just adequate. 

Absolutely. Earlier in the year,  I tried to book an independent excursion, but the operator said I had to book it through the cruiseline. RC wasn't listing it, and  I kind of panicked because that was the whole reason we'd chosen that itinerary. I called RC and, well, you know how that goes (no useful info.) I asked on the boards and was told to just keep checking. Sure enough, it showed up in a few weeks. It was about 9 months before sailing, but I'm sure it varies depending on the tour.

Depends on how you look at it.  For example, a cruise December 2019 has only 4 excursions listed for Grand Cayman when you click on the "All Shore Excursions" link, but if you click on just the Grand Cayman checkbox or the "View All" link on the "all" page you find 41 excursions.

So check each port by itself - there may be more listed than you think.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:48 AM, Lizzie142 said:

I know, I know, it is much cheaper to do excursions by ourselves ( so no need to tell me!) but DH and I like to book through Royal. 

We have a trip to southern Caribbean booked for next fall and there are so few excursions. One of the islands only has a scuba diving tour listed.

Do anyone know if more will be added as we move closer to our Sept 2019 date?

TIA

Not sure why everyone gets down on RCL operated excursions as I've only had bad experiences on ones not run by RCL. I am with you 100% on booking through the cruise line as I find it much more secure and guaranteed not to mention safer. I do cruises with my sister so as two young women traveling alone we don't feel comfortable using 3rd party operators due to safety concerns and other matters. Have always preferred RCL run ones. However on rare occasions we had done a third party jet ski rental one time because RCL had a higher age required for drivers and my sister wanted to drive. However, we didn't feel comfortable doing it as it was isolated and away from the RCL operators. So we have decided not to do that again. 

But to each their own. And yes more will be added. I am doing one in Nov 2019 and only a couple of excursions are on there now. So I've just been checking excursions for other dates but the same route for the complete list as the excursions should be the same.