Regal Upsell Offer Today

antmaril

I am on the Regal in January, 2019.  Received an email from Princess a few minutes ago offering an upsell from our CC Mini-Suite to a Full Suite for $459 per person.  I went into the Princess website to see which suites are available and there are two aft Penthouse Suites on Deck 8 that are tempting at 665 square feet.   However, I am going to let this offer go because another $900 is just too much.  I am treating my cousin to this cruise, so it is all on me.  The mini-suite I booked was reclassified as a CC Mini after I booked it.  So, that was a free upgrade.  

Just thought I would share the offer that I received today.  I made the final payment a few days ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got this same offer last weekend for our 12/16 cruise. We were in a mini-suite also. I took it because we may not be able to cruise again for a bit (usually we go every January). We took the aft wraparound offer. I looked up a future cruise and saw that those generally go for over $3000 per person, and with that upsell we didn't even pay half of that for 2 people. Maybe we shouldn't have, but I pulled the trigger. I always wanted to try one of those types of cabins so I guess we will see how it goes. (It was a choice of either the aft wraparound or the very first cabin, B101, that had a much smaller balcony width wise.

33 minutes ago, Shutterlady said:

I got this same offer last weekend for our 12/16 cruise. We were in a mini-suite also. I took it because we may not be able to cruise again for a bit (usually we go every January). We took the aft wraparound offer. I looked up a future cruise and saw that those generally go for over $3000 per person, and with that upsell we didn't even pay half of that for 2 people. Maybe we shouldn't have, but I pulled the trigger. I always wanted to try one of those types of cabins so I guess we will see how it goes. (It was a choice of either the aft wraparound or the very first cabin, B101, that had a much smaller balcony width wise.

I hope you enjoy the suite and have a great cruise!  

2 hours ago, antmaril said:

I am on the Regal in January, 2019.  Received an email from Princess a few minutes ago offering an upsell from our CC Mini-Suite to a Full Suite for $459 per person.  I went into the Princess website to see which suites are available and there are two aft Penthouse Suites on Deck 8 that are tempting at 665 square feet.   However, I am going to let this offer go because another $900 is just too much.  I am treating my cousin to this cruise, so it is all on me.  The mini-suite I booked was reclassified as a CC Mini after I booked it.  So, that was a free upgrade.  

Just thought I would share the offer that I received today.  I made the final payment a few days ago.  

I would consider this only if they let you grab one of those aft suites. A Club Class mini, with the dining perks, is a pretty fine cabin.

Those mid-aft Riviera deck Penthouse Suites, which may be all they're offering, are not worth $900 more than that CC mini. Not with those ridiculously skinny balconies.

In our experience, they will let you choose your suite on an upsell, but I'm kind of guessing they won't give up the aft ones. Worth asking though.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

44 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

I would consider this only if they let you grab one of those aft suites. A Club Class mini, with the dining perks, is a pretty fine cabin.

Those mid-aft Riviera deck Penthouse Suites, which may be all they're offering, are not worth $900 more than that CC mini. Not with those ridiculously skinny balconies.

In our experience, they will let you choose your suite on an upsell, but I'm kind of guessing they won't give up the aft ones. Worth asking though.

Jim

Right.  I am only interested if they offer me one of the larger suites.  The ones that are 440 square feet do not seem worth it.  I was in a Mini-Suite on the Regal in January of this year and it is a nice cabin.  We had an extended, angled balcony, which was nice.  I booked the same cabin for next year and after I booked it, it was reclassified a Club Class Mini-Suite.  I will only take the Upsell if I feel the cabin they are offering is worth it. We shall see.  They may not even call back or just call to tell me all of the suites are gone.  

2 minutes ago, antmaril said:

Update:   Princess called me back and offered me one of the big aft suites (680 sf) M723, but I declined.  Just couldn’t pull the trigger on the extra $918.   Our CC mini will be fine.  It’s a nice cabin.  

You will be happy with your Club Class mini.  😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, antmaril said:

Good choice.

• Like 1

I got an up sell earlier this week. OC to B2 for $251 (said it was $258 but only 251 charged to Visa). Because I already had a great deal this almost eliminated my solo supplement. Worth it!   🎵🎶🎵

Edited by Ombud

When we were contacted last weekend we were given a list of cabins to pick from. But the B101 just didn't do it for me because of the balcony. The other choices were the aft wraps. But, I do regret that we couldn't get one lower than the Riviera deck simply because there won't be much of an overhang. But I'm sure we'll have a blast regardless. Soot and cigarette butts can be picked up.