Just back from Regal - New England ( Oct 20-27 )

CintiCruzer

We too were very happy with the Regal.  Our major complaint was that they used the Atrium for things like dance classes, and other entertainment which was usually VERY loud, so you could not sit with a coffee and pastry in the AM, or just relax there in the evening.   We aren't complaining about the entertainment, the string quartet was pleasant and enjoyable, you did not have to shout over their music to have a conversation, unlike a number of other groups there, but many of the things that happened there made it difficult to enjoy a conversation.    We don't buy the beverage packages, the price does not make sense for our drinking habits, but do usually buy the coffee card.   The 'standard' coffee seems to be too much like 'instant' coffee to us, and the card lets us have something a bit better on occasion.  

- I think princess is pushing people to the alternative dining options - there were options available , like prime rib, or steak for an up charge.

We just got off the Regal two weeks ago. Prime rib was the recommended entree the night of sail-away. Huge cut of meat, very delicious - couldn't finish all of it.  We were in Anytime Dining in the Symphony Dining Room. 

Why did they charge you for prime rib in Concerto?  Did you ask why there was an extra charge, when it is a standard entree for sail-away dinner?   -- EBC

I understand that they have these, sometimes loud, activities in the Piazza...  After reading the comments above, I am wondering at what hours that this was a problem.

I would imagine that the Piazza would be more low-key until after breakfast (maybe 10:00a.m.) and also more low-key as the dinner hour approaches.   Surely they didn't have Line Dancing early in the morning, or Salsa Dancing, when guests are wanting to stop for a pre-dinner drink????    

Those hours would not bother me at all...  as guests who want can easily find different areas and other things to do during those more mid-day hours.   While I am sure that there are many passengers, especially on sea days, that would seek out / expect this kind of thing.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Eastbay -   There have been several reports of these uncharge offerings.   The uncharge offerings should be for a better quality item,  and might also be suggested on nights when filet or prime rib (lobster etc...) are not on the MDR menu.

Some people see it as a nice option...

Some people see it as a money grab, as they feel that the regular MDR menus are being cut back.

25 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

If they are waiting to restock from the facilities at FLL,  then that could be an issue.

If that is how they usually plan/operate, then I would have no real expectations that Princess would do anything to go out of their way to bring more wines onboard for this next sailing.  

I don't think anyone knows if they are waiting to "restock" in FLL...someone just suggested that they "hoped" they would since they were boarding there in a couple weeks... I'm "hoping" they restock in NYC BEFORE our cruise 11/01...….

Ohhhhh,  I know!!!   

I am thinking that, perhaps, Princess keeps stocks available and warehoused at FLL,  then the ship will not be restocked until it arrives there.    I am thinking that I have heard other comments, in the past, about certain things that were low or out of stock, and this was the case until the ship arrived back to the US, or to FLL, or wherever the next location is that the restocking takes place.  

13 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ohhhhh,  I know!!!   

I am thinking that, perhaps, Princess keeps stocks available and warehoused at FLL,  then the ship will not be restocked until it arrives there.    I am thinking that I have heard other comments, in the past, about certain things that were low or out of stock, and this was the case until the ship arrived back to the US, or to FLL, or wherever the next location is that the restocking takes place.  

another possibility is the NY distributor they use could be out of the stock that week. If a supermarket can be out of stock for a few products, the same thing can happen to the ship, the distributor, etc

Off Caribbean Princess earlier this month.  We were constantly told that our first, second and sometimes third choice of white wine by the glass was out.  By midcruise, we would just ask the server, any bar or dining area, to provide a white wine that could be found within the package price.

4 minutes ago, firecrewcapt said:

Here's an idea......bring your own wine on when you board.

Not so easy to do when you have to travel by air to get to the ship.  You can't carry bottles onto an aircraft and I wouldn't trust bottles of any liquid in my checked luggage at the airport or cruiseport.  Otherwise, good Idea if you are driving to the cruiseport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happicruzer said:

Off Caribbean Princess earlier this month.  We were constantly told that our first, second and sometimes third choice of white wine by the glass was out.  By midcruise, we would just ask the server, any bar or dining area, to provide a white wine that could be found within the package price.

This indicates, to me, that Princess may be trying to delay stocking/selling the new wines until the old wines are gone.  Distressing for those of us who enjoy the "grape" as our adult beverage of choice.  Although I'm not super snobby when it comes to wine, I know what I like, and I'll be unhappy if I buy a PBP but can only get a Riesling or a Mondavi chardonnay by the glass.  Or have to go down to Vines every time I want a semi-decent glass of wine.  :classic_sad:  But all we can do is hope for the best! Cheers!