I hate that the editor saves my last edit

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I have to clear the editor each time I post.

Is the editor carrying over a draft post from one thread to an attempt to reply to a different thread?

I haven't yet tested this feature (although I've benefited from it), but I would expect the behaviour to be that the saved draft should only appear in the same thread.

If that's not what you're seeing, let us know and I can have a play to see if I can work out what's going on.

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

I have to clear the editor each time I post.  Can this be changed? 

Noooo! It is a great feature as it allows one to navigate and interrupt editing a reply without losing what was already entered.

When one returns to the editor a black bar with white text is displayed at the bottom of the edit area with the information that previous content has been restored. At the end of that not is a clear editor link. Just click the link to erase the contents.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

I find this "feature" annoying. 

55 minutes ago, broberts said:

Noooo! It is a great feature as it allows one to navigate and interrupt editing a reply without losing what was already entered.

Even more than that: The other day, I was typing a long and complex reply to a post (with multiple quotes etc). In the middle of it, I hit the wrong key combination (CTRL+W) which immediately shut down my entire browser.

No hassle: restart the browser, come back to CC, log in, open the thread - and there my draft post still was, ready for me to carry on typing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

I am not abandoning threads. I'll try to figure out if it's on the same thread or not.  I find this "feature" annoying. 

No one else seems to have your issue. What OS and browser are you seeing this in?

7 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

No one else seems to have your issue. What OS and browser are you seeing this in?

I too have noticed this feature, in all browsers, on all devices. It occurs only when I’ve begun a reply on a thread, but changed my mind or been interrupted before posting.

Edited by Silkroad

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Even more than that: The other day, I was typing a long and complex reply to a post (with multiple quotes etc). In the middle of it, I hit the wrong key combination (CTRL+W) which immediately shut down my entire browser.

No hassle: restart the browser, come back to CC, log in, open the thread - and there my draft post still was, ready for me to carry on typing.

I agree. This happened to me just last evening, and I was extremely pleased to find my “draft post” once I’d logged back in! 

14 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I too have noticed this feature, in all browsers, on all devices. It occurs only when I’ve begun a reply on a thread, but changed my mind or been interrupted before posting.

Yes, but if you read the OPs posts, their complaint is that the software is saving old responses even after they've posted. What you've observed is the same thing that the rest of us have reported seeing - if you start a response and get interrupted or change your mind your draft response is saved until the next time you begin to respond in that thread. 

23 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Yes, but if you read the OPs posts, their complaint is that the software is saving old responses even after they've posted. What you've observed is the same thing that the rest of us have reported seeing - if you start a response and get interrupted or change your mind your draft response is saved until the next time you begin to respond in that thread. 

You’re right, though actually, the OP’s posts don’t make that clear. And I have experienced the SW saving my old responses even after having posted, but not for the past few days. I cleared cache (for a different issue) and haven’t had my old posts (actual posts, not drafts) reappear in new draft posts since. This was on PC/Chrome & iPad/Firefox.

Edited by Silkroad

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like this improvement?

The two key questions are:-

1. Are the saved drafts appearing only in the reply box for the thread to which they relate, or do they appear in the reply box for other threads as well?
  2. Are the saved drafts re-appearing even though you've actually posted the drafts, or are they drafts which you started typing but didn't post?

If they're carrying over from one thread to another, that's not right. Ditto if a draft of a post is re-appearing even after you've actually made the post. I can see why either of those would be annoying.

The obvious first suggestion if either of those things is happening is to clear your cookies and clear your cache, and see if it solves the problem.

But otherwise, it's hard to see the difficulty with this feature.

3 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Tantrums aren't productive either. Do you have constructive criticism or a tantrum? Do you expect them to change it back? 

You're being very condescending.  I've offered feedback.  I'm sorry if you don't like it.

18 minutes ago, scapel said:

How do I configure my profile so that the most recent post show up first all the time in a thread.

You might get more visibility if you create your own thread. This is about the editor.

25 minutes ago, scapel said:

How do I configure my profile so that the most recent post show up first all the time in a thread.

Don't worry about creating a new thread about this. The short answer is that threads are always ordered chronologically, with the oldest post at the top of page 1 and the newest post at the bottom of the last page.

I am actually gobsmacked to discover how many people read CC thread the other way around.

• Like 1

If you set up a custom activity stream you can choose either to always display the first post in a thread, or to jump to the first post in that thread that you haven't read.

If you don't want to set up an activity stream, clicking on the dot or star to the left of the thread title takes you to the first unread post.