Breakaway Haven Aft H6 Sofa Bed Question

We are a family of four lucky enough to get a Haven Aft Penthouse suite for an upcoming cruise.  Similar to other families who have posted, we have two opposite sex teenagers who aren't thrilled about sharing a bed in the living room.  I've read about potentially bringing an air mattress, but in looking at videos/pictures from Breakaway/Getaway (also below, if I posted a picture right!), it seems that the couch/bed has two large, wide "bolsters/pillows" that make up the back, that I'm assuming (?) are what help form the larger mattress when it's turned into a queen. From those who have been in this type of room, would it be feasible to just take those two "bolsters" and put them on the floor to make a separate, smaller bed, next to the single bottom couch?  Are they attached together?  Any way to keep them together so they don't split in two if someone is sleeping on them?  They don't mind sleeping "near" each other, just preferably where they can't touch by accident (the horrors!). Anyone with personal experience with this setup would be helpful. Thank you! 

Haven.jpg

I don't have any experience with this couch set up but it looks like from the picture that there are perhaps enough pillows to make a pillow wall down the center of the bed.  I definitely wouldn't want to lug an air mattress.  Have you inquired into whether or not a roll away bed is possible?

Just came off the Getaway aft Haven 12904.  Those back cushions are definitely not attached.  I was wondering myself how that was made into a bed for 2.  Perhaps if they put an egg crate top over the 2 cushions and then a fitted sheet it makes a adequate bed.

An H4 Haven cabin is your friend.  Two bedrooms plus a sofa bed if the kids don't want to share the bunk room.  Extra bathroom as well.  This is the only scenario that we use when sailing NCL.  Other lines its two connecting mini suites or balconies so everyone has their own sleeping space.  My opposite sex teens would not be happy to bunk together and the second bathroom is always a plus!

We'll be in this same type of room in February and while I know my opposite sex teens would deal with sleeping in the same bed if they had to, I have a feeling my son will end up sleeping on the floor (which he oddly does sometimes) probably on one of the chaise cushions.

• 8 months later...

Hi Mercury, We did have this room for our cruise and it worked out great - but we did NOT have a way to make two beds. The main bottom cushion of the couch slides out, then the top two slim cushions are put in place in the back to make one flat bed. My kids slept horizontal, but they WERE next to each other. It was larger than a typical sofa bed, though. The room steward also had separate linens for them, so it felt like two beds a little more. There wasn’t really room for an extra bed like an air bed, although I suppose it could be an option if you don’t slide out the bottom. It ended up working fine for us. Hope that helps! 

I've seen evidence on YouTube and have been told on here that you can request a cot for this room.  I won't personally have that confirmed until next year, though. 

(Of course, I'm looking for the Getaway, but they're essentially the same ship room-wise so...)

...and just noticed that you've already taken the trip so... no cot available for you?

Edited by LeesaB

• 1 month later...

We have this cabin booked for 4 adults.  

Does anyone have photos of the sofa bed made up?   Can 2 normal sized young adults sleep on this comfortably?

It looks like it would be a hard mattress.  Maybe an egg crate to help?

--Russ

Hi!  Yes, I believe two normal sized young adults can sleep on here relatively comfortably. At least for us, they made up the bed to sleep horizontal, not vertical, and it’s easily a Queen size that way. I don’t have a great picture, but I will try to attach (pardon family members!). An egg crate would definitely help the mattress, it is a little hard. 

88C353AF-BA72-42A4-96CF-5E7CF2D58577.jpeg

E319CC92-CCE3-4542-A58B-AE948BF5E746.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, ColoradoTravelLover said:

Hi!  Yes, I believe two normal sized young adults can sleep on here relatively comfortably. At least for us, they made up the bed to sleep horizontal, not vertical, and it’s easily a Queen size that way. I don’t have a great picture, but I will try to attach (pardon family members!). An egg crate would definitely help the mattress, it is a little hard. 

88C353AF-BA72-42A4-96CF-5E7CF2D58577.jpeg

E319CC92-CCE3-4542-A58B-AE948BF5E746.jpeg

does anyone know if this would be what an H7 forward facing sofa bed would look like as well on bliss?  i'm assuming all haven sofas are the same..but maybe not?  one thing for sure is if i get a haven room i'm gonna take lotta pics with the sofa open. i know the room between the foot of the bed and the cabinet would but much tighter than the pic above though.