Hotel through Celebrity

wizfourfam

Are there any benefits to booking a hotel pre-cruise through Celebrity?  The website has little information, the button to book isn’t working.  Looking for practical information about the benefits.  Figure the cost is inflated.  Sailing out of Southampton next summer, hope to explore London.  TIA for your response

The hotel rates are inflated and they are per person, not per room.  The only advantage is that you get transfer to the ship.  But no transfer from airport to hotel.

in London I would never use a Celebrity hotel, there are too many other options at all price points.

in 2000 we use the pre and post cruise package with RCCL Splendour os the Seas they included all transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to ship, ship to hotel and hotel to airport, also at the hotel was a RCCL desk, where you can book shore excursion and ask questions etc.

Edited by gerelmx

The prices through Celebrity are very inflated and as said before, per person per night. We find them to be almost double what we can book ourselves, often in the same hotel. Unless you're totally uncomfortable making your own arrangements or are going somewhere that you can't speak or read the language, I can't see any advantage to booking with Celebrity. Even when you factor in transfers from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the cruise port you'll be much better off booking on your own. With the internet you can get pretty accurate information on hotels, rates, transfers etc.

Have used Cruise LIne hotels a few times and agree, they are very expensive. In fact, you can get the same Hotel through normal methods much cheaper. Yes, the shuttles provided by the Line are handy, but the major price increase ins’t worth it, to me. There are lots of other options. 

If you are not sure of hotel quality, use a TA or a major hotel search website and check the reviews. I’m going to Amsterdam 5 days prior to a river cruise and the hotel is 1/2 the cost, near the Line’s hotel and same Star numbers. Doing the same in Basel - our TA found one near the train station and it again is much cheaper and a nice hotel. 

Den  

in 2009 we stayed several nights pre-cruise at the Sutton Place in Vancouver.  We booked independently.  Turns out it was a hotel used by Celebrity for their pre-cruise stays.  I don't remember exactly what we paid, but our upgraded room per night for me and my husband was half of what those on the Celebrity pre-cruise package paid.  And our rate included a full breakfast.