Help Please RCI Golf Fans !

LSM212

We have just booked a 9 night sailing on Anthem, leaving from Cape Liberty, for July next year and can’t wait to go! The only issue however is that the British Golf Open is on over these dates and my golf fanatic son is devastated at the thought of not being able to view at least some of it.

Coverage of this in the UK is with SKY sports however we are unable to view this in the U.S.  A VPN was a suggested way of getting round this however having viewed other Forums it looks like these are blocked onboard.

Anthem does not appear to have a Playmakers which was a big hit for us on Symphony. Have any golf fans been onboard at the time of the British Open and can you advise if it is likely to be shown?? Ir are there any subscription services this can be streamed from in the US/Caribbean?

Any advice much appreciated! 

Edited by LSM212

I have never been on a ship during the British Open but I have been on for many other major sporting events (Super Bowl, NCAA basketball tournament, The Masters, Auto Racing etc.) and the event has always been shown on the ship. I would be shocked if the British open was shown on the ship.

Whether or not a particular sporting event is shown on board depends totally on which network is airing the event. RCL only has distribution licenses with a few providers (i.e. ESPN), and there are a lot of high interest sporting events that have not been aired because they were being broadcast on a different network.

3 hours ago, LSM212 said:

Thanks cruiseguy1016. Just to confirm, did you mean shocked if it was or shocked if it was ‘NOT’ ! 

Oops, sorry. One word can mean a lot huh? To clarify, I would be shocked if it WAS NOT on. I firmly believe you will be able to watch it.

We were on Oasis a couple of years ago and the Masters was on all around the ship. It was a great atmosphere watching it.

I’m sure a US broadcaster that the Anthem picks up will be showing the British Open.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Oops, sorry. One word can mean a lot huh? To clarify, I would be shocked if it WAS NOT on. I firmly believe you will be able to watch it.

Ha ha yes, thanks 👍🏻

41 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We were on Oasis a couple of years ago and the Masters was on all around the ship. It was a great atmosphere watching it.

I’m sure a US broadcaster that the Anthem picks up will be showing the British Open.

Sounds great, he’ll be delighted if thats the case. Thanks!