Bottled Water in Checked Luggage

On 11/5/2018 at 8:43 PM, Havingfun2010 said:

Hopefully, they will keep your water, and not let you have it.  The policy is the same for wine.  You must carry it on.  If it is checked, they will assume you carried some on already, just like trying to carry on 4 bottles of wine, two checked, and two carry on. 

This is a good policy change, and they really need to enforce it exactly as they wrote it.  So just carry it on, and follow the allowed procedure. No need to "test it out".

On our independence cruise in October among our D+ C&A cabin drinks was 8 bottles of still spring water plus a bottle of champagne and a bottle of grapefruit juice.

I can understand restrictions on alcohol but water???.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Update to boarding Oasis in PC.  Boarded this last Sunday, my usual duffel bag containing just walking shoes, rain jackets, and yes....my 8 bottles of Dasani...that was put through in my checked luggage made it to my cabin just fine.  

Pauline prefers sparkling water and I usually buy 6 bottles in Barcelona terminal.

I hope you are both having a fantastic cruise 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Update to boarding Oasis in PC.  Boarded this last Sunday, my usual duffel bag containing just walking shoes, rain jackets, and yes....my 8 bottles of Dasani...that was put through in my checked luggage made it to my cabin just fine.  

Kool, I just got off 3 cruises Port Everglades and multiple people did not get there's. Did B2B2B people told me they stopped their luggage and saw multiple Water/Soda that made it too the Naughty room/table. I just carried in my 12 soda bottles in my Backpack

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Kool, I just got off 3 cruises Port Everglades and multiple people did not get there's. Did B2B2B people told me they stopped their luggage and saw multiple Water/Soda that made it too the Naughty room/table. I just carried in my 12 soda bottles in my Backpack

Have found PE to be more strict.  No problems so far in PC.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

On our independence cruise in October among our D+ C&A cabin drinks was 8 bottles of still spring water plus a bottle of champagne and a bottle of grapefruit juice.

I can understand restrictions on alcohol but water???.

Hi Graham!  Yes, three bottles of wine, a beer, 8 bottles of water...all waiting for us as complimentary when we check in.  I tend to go through 2-3 bottles of water a day, so bringing on another 6-8 bottles of my favorite Dasani (not available on the ship) seems to work just fine for me.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi Graham!  Yes, three bottles of wine, a beer, 8 bottles of water...all waiting for us as complimentary when we check in.  I tend to go through 2-3 bottles of water a day, so bringing on another 6-8 bottles of my favorite Dasani (not available on the ship) seems to work just fine for me.  🙂 

Hi Pat.

Pauline likes a bottle of sparkling water a day and I have 2 bottles of still or sparkling water a day.

Barcelona is our main departure port and I always buy a case of sparkling water in the terminal.

We never bring wine on board but I used to buy a 6 pack of San Miguel beer in the terminal until they stopped us bringing beer onboard.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:53 AM, pacruise804 said:

I'm hoping this will be the case.  We drink a lot of water and bring insulated tumblers.  On our Carnival Pride cruises we could easily get refills at bars (or fill ourselves at Lido deck).  I'm hoping it will be the same when we sail the Anthem (and not have to go to windjammer for a refill when we are enjoying music at a bar).

The Freestyle machines on Anthem can also be used to fill a water bottle.  You don't need the chip in the bottom of the tumbler for ice or water.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LeeW said:

The Freestyle machines on Anthem can also be used to fill a water bottle.  You don't need the chip in the bottom of the tumbler for ice or water.

And you also don't need the beverage package for water from a dispenser.  Just go to any free beverage station...just be sure to fill a paper or plastic cup from the dispenser first and then fill your personal water bottle from that.  Not allowed to fill directly.  

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Pat.

Pauline likes a bottle of sparkling water a day and I have 2 bottles of still or sparkling water a day.

Barcelona is our main departure port and I always buy a case of sparkling water in the terminal.

We never bring wine on board but I used to buy a 6 pack of San Miguel beer in the terminal until they stopped us bringing beer onboard.

Ahh..looking forward to our first Barcelona cruise.  Will have to wait until little Katie passes into Kitty cat heaven before we take the more exotic cruises.  

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Ahh..looking forward to our first Barcelona cruise.  Will have to wait until little Katie passes into Kitty cat heaven before we take the more exotic cruises.  

Barcelona is a fantastic city.

Hopefully Katie is with you for a long time though.

Oasis is doing 7 night cruises from there from May 5th-September 15th 2019.

Brilliance and Vision also are doing several cruises from there next summer.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Barcelona is a fantastic city.

Hopefully Katie is with you for a long time though.

Oasis is doing 7 night cruises from there from May 5th-September 15th 2019.

Brilliance and Vision also are doing several cruises from there next summer.

Is on the bucket list.  😉  Friends/neighbors are on the TA from PC to Barcelona...wish we could join them.  🙂  

3 minutes ago, nycnut said:

Can you bring back water or soda when the ship is in port?  All the comments have been about bringing water at embarkation.

Against the rules, experiences vary.