We're Only Here For The Boos: Our Halloween '18 Cruise Aboard The Carnival Magic!

watermelonqueen99

14 hours ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

C had the huevos rancheros thingys and he said it wasn't good.

I had them at brunch and they aren't good, because they sit for a few minutes before getting them to you.  If you go to the Blue Iguana, they will cook the huevos to order (more or less runny, as you like them) and they will be fresh and hot!  Much like your review! :classic_cool:   Nice job!

OMG, I laughed through this as much as I did while reading your others and am already looking forward to your next one.  The last time we sailed out of Miami was in April 2014 and debarkation wasn't too bad then, hope the cluster it's not the new norm.  But we'll be sure to book a later flight, just in case.  Thanks again for taking the time to do another review and already looking forward to the next one.  

4 hours ago, obx_fintoo said:

I had them at brunch and they aren't good, because they sit for a few minutes before getting them to you.  If you go to the Blue Iguana, they will cook the huevos to order (more or less runny, as you like them) and they will be fresh and hot!  Much like your review! :classic_cool:   Nice job!

Aw, thank you! Thanks for reading! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pghsteelerfan said:

OMG, I laughed through this as much as I did while reading your others and am already looking forward to your next one.  The last time we sailed out of Miami was in April 2014 and debarkation wasn't too bad then, hope the cluster it's not the new norm.  But we'll be sure to book a later flight, just in case.  Thanks again for taking the time to do another review and already looking forward to the next one.  

So glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading! See ya in April! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 12:09 AM, watermelonqueen99 said:

Bumping this, because we just decided tonight that our 20th anniversary cruise is morphing into a Colorado vacay because, frankly, we love cool weather and legal weed. 😂 But we're cruising August 2019 and NYE 2019, so please join me for those reviews! 😘

Hi(gh)!!!  Thanks for the heads up.  It's too bad you can't do a review of your Colorado vaca here!!!  But I'll definitely tune in for your 8/19 and NYE 2019 cruises.  When you were in NOLA on your Dream cruise, did you see the "edibles" van on Bourbon Street?  When we were there in May for our friend's milestone birthday, we saw that van EVERY SINGLE day.  Got pics but don't think I could post those here.  😂

22 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

Hi(gh)!!!  Thanks for the heads up.  It's too bad you can't do a review of your Colorado vaca here!!!  But I'll definitely tune in for your 8/19 and NYE 2019 cruises.  When you were in NOLA on your Dream cruise, did you see the "edibles" van on Bourbon Street?  When we were there in May for our friend's milestone birthday, we saw that van EVERY SINGLE day.  Got pics but don't think I could post those here.  😂

That would be awesome to review our CO trip! 😁 Unfortunately we didn't see the edibles van, but it sounds awesome! 😂

• 7 months later...

Hey, everyone, just wanted to let ya'll know that the next WatermelonQueen review will be a bit delayed. Long story short, I took a nasty fall Fourth of July weekend that resulted in a spinal cord injury. I was in the hospital for 13 days, 7 of those in the Neuro Trauma ICU. I had spinal fusion surgery 12 days ago, and am at home recovering.  Right now, I have limited use of my left arm/hand, and weakness in my right hand, but my docs tell me I am extremely lucky to not be a paraplegic due to the location/severity of my injuries, so I'll take it. I am in a neck brace until October, and have a lot of occupational therapy ahead of me to regain use of my hand, but my medical team predicts a full recovery. The worst part of the whole ordeal is that I can't have alcohol until I'm off all my meds. Rude. Please pray to the vodka gods that I make it through this without their help. C has been wonderful in taking care of me. He's even given up his wine and rum in solidarity with me. Maybe that was voluntary, maybe it was the fact that I threatened a Lorena Bobbit situation if he drank in front of me, who knows. Carnival was wonderful in getting our cruise moved, and we'll be setting sail on the Glory in early 2020, and I'll be doing a full review. Meanwhile, I'm spending quality time in my recliner, daydreaming about martinis, planning for our cruise, scouring Pinterest for ways to sexy up a neck brace (spoiler alert: it's not possible), and thinking up ideas on how to incorporate the scar I'll have on my neck into a really cool tattoo. In other words, I'm being way more productive injured than I ever was healthy.

Anyway, this was typed one-handed, so please excuse any typos. I'll see ya'll back here early next year, drink in hand, with my review of the Carnival Glory. Until then, cheers and happy cruising!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

Hey, everyone, just wanted to let ya'll know that the next WatermelonQueen review will be a bit delayed. Long story short, I took a nasty fall Fourth of July weekend that resulted in a spinal cord injury. I was in the hospital for 13 days, 7 of those in the Neuro Trauma ICU. I had spinal fusion surgery 12 days ago, and am at home recovering.  Right now, I have limited use of my left arm/hand, and weakness in my right hand, but my docs tell me I am extremely lucky to not be a paraplegic due to the location/severity of my injuries, so I'll take it. I am in a neck brace until October, and have a lot of occupational therapy ahead of me to regain use of my hand, but my medical team predicts a full recovery. The worst part of the whole ordeal is that I can't have alcohol until I'm off all my meds. Rude. Please pray to the vodka gods that I make it through this without their help. C has been wonderful in taking care of me. He's even given up his wine and rum in solidarity with me. Maybe that was voluntary, maybe it was the fact that I threatened a Lorena Bobbit situation if he drank in front of me, who knows. Carnival was wonderful in getting our cruise moved, and we'll be setting sail on the Glory in early 2020, and I'll be doing a full review. Meanwhile, I'm spending quality time in my recliner, daydreaming about martinis, planning for our cruise, scouring Pinterest for ways to sexy up a neck brace (spoiler alert: it's not possible), and thinking up ideas on how to incorporate the scar I'll have on my neck into a really cool tattoo. In other words, I'm being way more productive injured than I ever was healthy.

Anyway, this was typed one-handed, so please excuse any typos. I'll see ya'll back here early next year, drink in hand, with my review of the Carnival Glory. Until then, cheers and happy cruising!

So sorry to hear about your accident! Praying for a speedy recovery for you. I will be on the Glory on February 2, and cannot wait! I will be looking forward to your next review.

OMG!!!  I am so sorry to hear about this!  Dang!!!  So glad they expect full recovery, but still.  So glad you got your cruise changed to Glory, we sailed on her in 2010 and loved her.  Now on a lighter note, I'm sitting here laughing at the comment about threatening a Lorena Bobbit situation.  I kid you not, that happened just down the road from our house (their apartments and the little corner lot where his chopped off/detached appendage ended up)!  It's about 2 itty, bitty little miles, so close I can actually WALK there!  We still laugh about that one and yes, it was funny.  Manassas, VA, "a cut above the rest".  I hope you can keep yourself entertained and so sorry this happened.  Fourth of July?  Hmmm.....  Sorry.  🙂  Will keep prayers, good vibes/juju, thoughts...which ever works best for you for a full and speedy recovery. 

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Sorry to hear about your accident, hospital stay and upcoming rehabilitation.  (Maybe this rehab can be used to rehab from your constantly reaching your 15 drink maximum on cruises)  Your reviews are ones I always enjoy reading.  Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.  

On 8/5/2019 at 12:17 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

OMG!!!  I am so sorry to hear about this!  Dang!!!  So glad they expect full recovery, but still.  So glad you got your cruise changed to Glory, we sailed on her in 2010 and loved her.  Now on a lighter note, I'm sitting here laughing at the comment about threatening a Lorena Bobbit situation.  I kid you not, that happened just down the road from our house (their apartments and the little corner lot where his chopped off/detached appendage ended up)!  It's about 2 itty, bitty little miles, so close I can actually WALK there!  We still laugh about that one and yes, it was funny.  Manassas, VA, "a cut above the rest".  I hope you can keep yourself entertained and so sorry this happened.  Fourth of July?  Hmmm.....  Sorry.  🙂  Will keep prayers, good vibes/juju, thoughts...which ever works best for you for a full and speedy recovery. 

My new goal is to visit you so I can get the severed d**k tour. Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmet0225 said:

Sorry to hear about your accident, hospital stay and upcoming rehabilitation.  (Maybe this rehab can be used to rehab from your constantly reaching your 15 drink maximum on cruises)  Your reviews are ones I always enjoy reading.  Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.  

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Hi T!!!

Hoping you are fully mended by now!  I've been reading your review on the Magic,  love it!  Wish I could've seen the pictures, they wouldn't come up. 😞 .

I loved your writing, so I will cruise on to the next or first whichever! Everything and anything cruising!!

Hugs

Nicki