Zdam partial Panama...just the facts Ma'am!!

bobpell

This titillating riposte was experienced first hand From our 11 day sojourn ending on Nov.4, 2018

1...The diminished  library drop off shelves are in the port side hallway behind the Crow's Nest Bar/Coffee spot

2...The future Cruise desk and Excursion desk are on the starboard side of the Crow's Nest

3...First time in 14 cruises our suite balcony did not have a table. Guest Services rectified that the first eve.

4...Capt. Wouter's welcome speech on the main stage was blessingly short. He was the only person on stage

5...Entertainment in the main stage was far from astounding. Two nights,  movies which were previously available on your room tv were shown ??

6...Oprah merchandise was only available on one small table in the Signature Store

7...Bought 11 day internet package for $149, good for emails and Bing 24 hours a day

8...HMC, Aruba, Curacao, Cartagena and Colon the port side faced town

We travelled 3200 miles and ate 35,000 eggs

Happy Cruising

Bob

Edited by bobpell
wrong completion date
  • Like 2

Thanks!  Enjoyed your information.  So my DH and I disagree on Port and Starboard.  My TA told me that if you are looking at the bow of the ship, the Port side is the left side.  He says it's the other way around.  And the answer is______?

Thank you! I am taking this cruise on this ship in December.

Do you recall if they were offering the "unlimited" photo package option? Or any details bout the picture people?

Did you go on any ship excursions? 

I immensely enjoyed the cruise just as much as the first titillating time.  Both were on the Zdam

Expect scintillating heat and lots of dripping humidity that far south

Wave heights for the whole cruise never exceeded 3-4 ft...no rocking or rolling

Only rained 10 min. in the canal

Sorry I can't comment on the photo package as I put on too much poundage to let a camera (even with a wide angled lens) near

my corpulent torso!! 

I used the time tested adage that Port is a form of wine and as I drink that red colored beverage and the light on that side of the ship used for night time navigation is red...TaDa !!

Please use the ships book drop off locations

Enjoy 

Bob

PS...we used 312,000 gal of fuel or approx. 1000 tonnes

• Like 1

.Hi...My DH and I also just came off this cruise...our 11th on HAL...just as great as the first! There was some kind of unlimited photo package...in the form of maybe 350$[?]..for all the ;pictures taken of your group? I only heard about this as I was purchasing only one photo I wanted....so not really sure. My husband is a true Rebel. but the photographers caught a great picture of us complete with my husbands long hair flowing down his back...cowboy hat. and dress suit with me dressed for Gala night. I thanked them...  best picture we ever had 😎

No complaints at all...great crew...great Signature Suite...great price...amazing stewards. Waiting for the next one...here's hoping they have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for us!!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 5:42 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Port is the left side as you face the bow of the ship. Starboard is the right side.

Common suggestion for remembering is both "port" and "left" have 4 letters.

And on HAL ships "even" numbered cabins ...

Hi again....in Curacao docked at the big Pier outside of town...I know I have seen an occasional ship dock in the Pontoon Bridge general area...we never have. We happened to be there on a Sunday...so it was hit or miss on what was open. For my husband the Harley store was open....so that was great:classic_laugh:

We have taken the Aruba Sunset sail in the past...not this cruise. It was beautiful and fun....however I always feel a little guilty doing this type of activity when we are already paying for food and ship...lol.

In Cartagena, we did a special tour with the ships travel ambassador for the day. It was ok...went to the stores recommended by ship...and a few other places where we were free to wander if you so chose . In the past we have done a ships tour the first time we came to this city. It is not one of our favorite places and rarely get off the ship if we happen  to stop there. This time I wanted some cigars for a friend. So it worked...

I took the ship's sponsored HoHo bus in Cartagena

Monday morn exit from the walled in  harbour area was right into a cacophonous rush hour traffic . First 2 miles was through a slum!! This metropolis has 600, 000 plus population with at least that many honking cars and incessant shark like vendors

Every stop was a circus like atmosphere of squalling hawkers all selling the same hats, purses and table clothes.

It was hot.

Did not get off as the piranha like sellers were all over those that ventured out

Was very happy to get back aboard.

Not recommended.

Did I mention the Halloween party during the BB kings performance

Many party goers partook of the festivities by donning costumes of varying occupations. Pirates were festooning the dance floor uttering AARGH!! to the beat of the blues

Mr Peanut including a tall hat won a prize...no not a free cruise...but a small gold dust collector resembling an Oscar figure

Enjoy your cruise

Bob