Rubber ducks

minniegidget

My sister just told me that she read an article somewhere that said the higher up people at carnival has told all the captains of the ship to let their people know that if they find a rubber duck somewhere around the ship to leave it alone that it is a game people are playing. I can't imagine them worrying about telling the captains to leave rubber ducks alone. 

• Haha 1

Well, it is a game, but if the room stewards don't know about it, they collect them all up assuming they are lost items.  Which kinda puts a damper on the game.

Oddly enough not all communication up and down the ranks has to be about major life- or itinerary-threatening issues like tracking storms, engine problems, or who is wearing shorts on elegant night.  Small "fun" matters can be discussed too...

14 minutes ago, aknguyen said:

I guess I've been living under a rock. What game uses rubber ducks and painted rocks? I'm afraid to Google...

It's a silly game that supposedly started some years ago by a 10yo girls who thought it would be fun to hide little rubber ducks around the ship for other kids to find.

Unfortunately, like so many other things adults have started taking it to the extreme.  I read a post that one woman was going to take 60 on her next cruise.....That's just ridiculous.

I've been vilified as being a fuddy duddy, for not liking the idea out of concern that people will/have gone over the top with this and akin to the explosion of door decorating the ships will look more and more tacky.

I agree that if I find one  or a dirty rock that it will be thrown away as I assume a steward or the person before me did not clean the room/public space. I want to know that all is clean so nothing breaks out such as noro, but if something is being hidden & left alone who knows how clean something is.