Haven on the Bliss

JosieH

I am wondering if children are allowed in the Haven pool or is this adults only?  Thought I read somewhere that children aren't allowed in certain area( I know Vibe is adults only but is that it) Our cruise is during spring break leaving April 14 so I have a feeling there will be many children on this cruise.

Anyone else cruising this week?

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Both Haven and non-Haven are normal people but only Haven guests have access to the Haven facilities.

LOL, Two Wheels! This reminds me of those Chevrolet commercials that start out "Real People, not Actors". As an actor, I want to shout hey! I'm a real people! And I'm going to buy a Toyota!

1 hour ago, cruisestan2 said:

LMAO

37 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

LOL, Two Wheels! This reminds me of those Chevrolet commercials that start out "Real People, not Actors". As an actor, I want to shout hey! I'm a real people! And I'm going to buy a Toyota!

Haha!  I do consider myself somewhat "normal" on most days.  Thanks for the laugh!

19 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

When we asked if it was possible to get a tour of the Haven, we were told by a guest relations rep that “ordinary people” were not allowed in the Haven.

It’s a good laugh. But honestly, as someone on the outside looking in, I can’t help but feel like both NCL and the Cruise Critic community emphasize the “exclude” root of “exclusive.” There are so many responses, threads, and reviews scattered everywhere insinuating that you can only get a good experience on NCL if you get a Haven room. Normal people cannot responsibly afford a Haven room.

50 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

When we asked if it was possible to get a tour of the Haven, we were told by a guest relations rep that “ordinary people” were not allowed in the Haven.

Maybe the rep believes that Haven guests are (pay) extraordinary.

26 minutes ago, slugg said:

But honestly, as someone on the outside looking in, I can’t help but feel like both NCL and the Cruise Critic community emphasize the “exclude” root of “exclusive.” There are so many responses, threads, and reviews scattered everywhere insinuating that you can only get a good experience on NCL if you get a Haven room.

That isn't true. The vast majority of people who sail NCL are not Haven guests and despite the vocal minority, most NCL guests have a great cruise. 

26 minutes ago, slugg said:

Normal people cannot responsibly afford a Haven room.

It depends. Someone who puts away $50-$100 per week can book the Haven and pay it off before final payment date....if the booking is far enough in advance. No credit card needed. no tax refund needed, etc. I told my brother-in-law that for what he pays per week for beer and cigarettes, he could sail in the Haven every summer. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Diaper children aren' allowed in any pools I think, I remember a thread about it.

As far as non-Haven guests being in the Haven, if you are visiting someone staying in the Haven of course you are welcome in their room, but I think the other general Haven facilities are for those who chose to pay the $$, because included in that price is "lack of crowding".  No arrogance, classism or anything else, some folks just don't like crowds and choose to pay to have a quiet peaceful cruise experience.  Their money, their right.  

LOL
I can see it now.  Embarkation line for NORMAL/ORDINARY people and line for EXTRAORDINARY/SPECIAL people 😉

The Haven is a very family friendly area.  I call the Haven pool the "rich kid swimming pool."  Kids of all ages are in the Haven and that is what NCL wants.  Some people confuse the Haven area as "adults only" or quiet zone. 

Edited by david_sobe

On 11/12/2018 at 3:43 PM, valleyvillage said:

Exactly!  We have a famous actor who chooses not to live in California and he said the same thing, (we were at a private performance) except he said Ford. He is totally real people as well as an actor!

• 2 months later...