Wait List

Momma Rene

2 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

We were placed on a wait list by Princess for a mid ship cabin.  We needed a mid ship because all the handicapped cabins are gone.  We were told we were number 3 about a month ago.  We are still number 3.  Has anyone had any luck with their wait list?

It seems that most cancellations occur close to final payment dates.  That is what I have witnessed in regard to a 15 day  cruise tour and a 28 day cruise.

26 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

It seems that most cancellations occur close to final payment dates.  That is what I have witnessed in regard to a 15 day  cruise tour and a 28 day cruise.

I would agree with this.

For my upcoming 2019 cruise, the cabin locations we wanted were already sold. I checked the Princess page every few days to watch for one to open up. This just happened last week, and I was able to call and get moved into that cabin. Not sure if by doing this, I jumped a wait list? Worth a shot to just watch on princess.com for one to open up as people move or cancel.

2 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:

I would agree with this.

For my upcoming 2019 cruise, the cabin locations we wanted were already sold. I checked the Princess page every few days to watch for one to open up. This just happened last week, and I was able to call and get moved into that cabin. Not sure if by doing this, I jumped a wait list? Worth a shot to just watch on princess.com for one to open up as people move or cancel.

I've been watching and calling.  Unfortunately, I need a midship cabin due to a recent surgery.  No handicapped cabins are available.  It is now only a month before sailing.

I too am on a waitlist for a different cabin category. This is for a 2020 cruise. I've spoken with several PCL CS people and each time have been told the very same story. They will contact the TA by email if'/when a cabin opens up and will simultaneously email me. 

Exactly as jtjosh02 did, I check the websites frequently in an effort to stay ahead of it. 

Thought I've never been exactly here before, the advice given about changing availability ahead of final payment makes all the sense in the world to me. 

Let's you and I hope for the best!

3 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I've been watching and calling.  Unfortunately, I need a midship cabin due to a recent surgery.  No handicapped cabins are available.  It is now only a month before sailing.

Did you place the $200 deposit for the waitlist?

We have used the waitlist many times and only did not clear once. 

It works well. 

22 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

We were placed on a wait list by Princess for a mid ship cabin.  We needed a mid ship because all the handicapped cabins are gone.  We were told we were number 3 about a month ago.  We are still number 3.  Has anyone had any luck with their wait list?

You did not indicate when the cruise is. If it is in the next week or two, a cabin might not become available. If it is not yet final payment time, the chances are good you will get your cabin.

Are you wait listed for just one type of cabin (for example: Balcony)?

20 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

Did you book with a TA?  If you did you could speak to your TA about contacting their Princess Rep to see what can be done to find you a midship cabin. Being one month before sailing it's likely that upsells have already happened, or are happening now.  Do you have a cabin booked and are waitlisted to move?  Or are you waiting to cruise if the wait list opens?  We've had great luck on a sold out cruise when we waitlisted, but we got in right after final payment.  I think you will need to be proactive at this point.  Watch to see if a cabin becomes available and book it on line, just hold it if you are working with a TA and the TA can take over from there with final payment.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.