Question for those who boarded Oasis on 11/11/18

Me from ME

There is a large group of fans of a reality tv show "personality" who are sailing with you. Said person tends to be a bit of an exhibitionist and I was wondering if any of you are aware of this group and their activities? Has it been disruptive in any way? Or, is the Oasis large enough that they are meeting in private function rooms?

I sailed the Explorer of the Seas when group of Goths was on board and although I don't share their fashion preferences they didn't negatively affect my experience. In fact, they enhanced it. They mingled with us, a few came to the CC M&G but sometimes there were venues that they had booked for themselves so it was off limits to the rest of us.

I was on this cruise and I had no idea who she was but my friend I was traveling with was obsessed. We saw her and her family the night before at the radisson. Other than seeing them that night before boarding I never saw them again except on the day of boarding they were sitting in the library waiting for the rooms to be ready. Everyone was super nice and my friend asked about joining in some of their activities and was told she would have to cancel and rebook as part of the group and its a pain. 

5 hours ago, JAFranklin129 said:

I was on this cruise and I had no idea who she was but my friend I was traveling with was obsessed. We saw her and her family the night before at the radisson. Other than seeing them that night before boarding I never saw them again except on the day of boarding they were sitting in the library waiting for the rooms to be ready. Everyone was super nice and my friend asked about joining in some of their activities and was told she would have to cancel and rebook as part of the group and its a pain. 

Could a post like this be dripping of more drama?? You and your friend "saw her and her famly", but feel the need to write a cryptic post like this? Sounds like you and your friend are both "obsessed"....

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply JAFranklin129. I had been contemplating the same cruise so when hers was announced I compared those with what I could book independently. No surprise, the Inside cabins were $400 more expensive per person to attend her activities.

I had been following on sm and it appeared that there were some large group activities having onlookers. Sorry that your friend wasn't able to catch a glimpse.

On 11/19/2018 at 1:09 PM, NateUpNorth said:

Google says Whitney Thore

Never heard of her. Maybe original poster can confirm?

Yea....I saw her at the Radisson and several times on the ship.  I didn't realize she was famous.  Never heard of Whitney Thore...but I google her picture and I definitely saw her.

She stood out because she was always wearing shirts showing her "Six Pack".  Or rather her Keg.

I can joke, because My Keg is bigger than hers.

Edited by kinggartk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kinggartk said:

Yea....I saw her at the Radisson and several times on the ship.  I didn't realize she was famous.  Never heard of Whitney Thore...but I google her picture and I definitely saw her.

This is the body positive cruise she hosted aboard Oasis recently.

Heard of her show, but not her personally; if folks are interested, there are a ton of photos posted on her Instagram account of the cruise.