Our new Mediterranean video launching today

BBMacLaird

We've just launched a new video featuring our Explore More in the Mediterranean. Would love to know if you agree Azamara is the leader in destination immersion?

"Azamara brings you directly into the heart of local European life aboard smaller, more intimate ships, and offers more Country-Intensive Voyages than any other cruise line in the Mediterranean."  https://*****/2RTtQp9
Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxmx2eizt67oejd/AZA_2018 Europe Video_60ss Base_Subs.mp4?dl=0
YouTube:

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Nice video, but I feel Azamara really need to improve both the administration and content of its (expensive) shore excursions.  More work needed, could do better I think.

Phil

Agreed! Great video but, some excursions are very good, but others fall far short of expectations for $$$ invested.

While I have the opportunity, I often wonder whether those who write the descriptions have ever visited the destination in question, as well as (picky perhaps, but) whether the descriptions are proof read before printing?

Also, unless one actually asks the question and gets a detailed response, one has no idea just how short a period of time is actually spent at the "highlight" of many tours.

I do love the fact that Azamara is able to dock or tender "in the heart" of many destinations world wide.

Great video, but the announcer needs what Norm Crosby used to call 'electrocution' lessons – I guess he is supposed to sound posh, but there was too much mumbling for me to make out some of the crucial words!

My feedback regarding the video:

It's pretty.  I recognized a street of Pompei, the guards at Syntagma Square, we've seen men net fishing in the Agean, watched glass blowing in Murano, and as Grandma Cruising noted, that was clearly Venice.  I've seen all those sights, had all those Mediterranean experiences and more.... on Celebrity Cruises.

And I am immersed, in my own memories.  I am not any clearer about what I'm going to get on our Greek Island tour next August with Azamara that I haven't had before.  The video images did not put me in those aforementioned places in a way that was better or different than already had. 

Fleeting, quick cut streams of visuals is literally the opposite of the relaxed, easy, contemplative pace one seeks from a prime destination.  The narrator talks of time, while the video shows me 2-3 seconds of a stone wall built a thousand years ago, shows me a row of Roman busts carved two millennia ago for less than a second.  Hurry, quick, the next thing, we don't have time.  How is that immersion?

"Destination immersion" is a catchy phrase, the meaning is somewhat vague, yet there is appeal. 

On the Pacific Coast cruise  we took on the Azamara Quest this past winter, we visited Central America.  We walked on a volcano in El Salvador, and were able to stop and marvel that there were three large volcanoes looming in front of us (the latent menace was there, or imagined), and after we hiked to the other side of the mountain, we saw a chain of other volcanic peaks.  There were colorful tropical birds in the thick foliage, and rich jungle smell.  Like the video showed, I touched bark of living trees, not brushed with my fingertips as I walked by, I stopped and put both hands on a couple of trees.  We stopped in a village and ate delicious handmade pupusas, that brought a smile to my face.  At the end of the tour, our guide commented on this to me, he said "You like it here."

Yes, I did.

• Like 1