Kudos for communication on Pursuit

audobon_tx

Captain Toledo has been doing a great job keeping everyone informed.  His weather briefings, at least daily, are broadcast on the in room TV and include visuals of the Windy display on the bridge monitor which really enhances his reports and clarifies why things are happening the way they do.  Haven't seen that before.  Of course the regular PA announcements occur but the TV reports are a great enhancement. The communications from Captain Toledo, HD Ryzard, and CD Amanda have been proactive, thorough, and have been very much appreciated by this guest.  Good job.

• Like 4

Totally agree. We are on this cruise he’s a great communicator. I love his weather info on TV. I do better with visual explanations so these little videos really hit the spot. 

I love his humour his interactions with crew and guests (the cooking was so funny even if I am being allocated a lifeboat en route back to the Canaries) and I particularly like how he focuses on We not I when talking about decisions and who is making the voyage so good for guests despite challenging weather conditions. 

I think he’s going to be a very popular Captain as cruisers get to sail with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just off this cruise and could not agree more.

We enjoyed his weather reports and his sense of humor. (the ocean is very deep and the waves have become our friends)

Very impressed that he took the time to do 2 Q & A sessions.

Edited by lovecruzin

• 2 weeks later...

I have to continue to commend Captain Antonio for his approach to open straightforward communication. Pursuit now has a technical issue (sounds like it will fix soon it relates to an evaporator). As we are running at reduced speed for the next 24 hours the itinerary is changed. 

As soon as he made a clear announcement explaining what was happening during dinner Captain Antonio positioned himself outside the MDR to chat to guests. 

In his announcement he said he will be running a Q and A to explain what was broke and the impact/fix. 

Great clear communication and this morning as far as I can hear around the ship no moaning etc. 

Again from Captain Antonio another example of timely no nonsense communication- well done! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, uktog said:

I have to continue to commend Captain Antonio for his approach to open straightforward communication. Pursuit now has a technical issue (sounds like it will fix soon it relates to an evaporator). As we are running at reduced speed for the next 24 hours the itinerary is changed. 

As soon as he made a clear announcement explaining what was happening during dinner Captain Antonio positioned himself outside the MDR to chat to guests. 

In his announcement he said he will be running a Q and A to explain what was broke and the impact/fix. 

Great clear communication and this morning as far as I can hear around the ship no moaning etc. 

Again from Captain Antonio another example of timely no nonsense communication- well done! 

Straightforward communication solves so many potential problems.  Well done Azamara. Thanks for letting us know.

Any update on the issue?  We were on October Greek isle cruise and were 6 hours leaving port one night.  Captain sailed at what he said was full speed of 19.6 knot all night and made up lost time.  Aft cabins real shook forum this.  Of the Journey, we did 20.5 knots one night and did not notice anything close to vibration.  Looks like Carnival really did not take the best of care of Pursuit.

I would expect an update around our scheduled extended departure time today. I’m not sure any of us can guess the cause but the captain has promised a q and a (probably tomorrow) so we can learn more then. 

Having been onboard moving full speed for four days to avoid storms after Barcelona (in a room towards aft) and again full speed to get to Panama in time in a room right up front I don’t think Pursuit rattles and shakes any more than her sisters and I’d say possibly even less 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Having been onboard moving full speed for four days to avoid storms after Barcelona (in a room towards aft) and again full speed to get to Panama in time in a room right up front I don’t think Pursuit rattles and shakes any more than her sisters and I’d say possibly even less 

Agree.  We were in a deck 6 suite on the stern when one of the original sisters was going top speed in the Med and had to drape towels over closet doors to quiet noise from the vibrations.  Quite an exciting ride that night.

9 hours ago, Trend said:

What is happening with the Pursuit? Hope all is fixed and everyone has enjoyed their cruise.

We board in BA on Dec 22 for the holidays.

It was a problem in part of the engine but all is fixed. They stripped out 500 hoses and valves until they found the guilty one. We had to travel at reduced speed until they got to the problem so have had to miss a port today to catch up. 

A very good question and answer was held this morning involving the captain and chief engineer with diagrams and explanations for the technical minded and simple explanations for the less technical. The faulty valve was in an area that would not normally have been expected to give issues 

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 12:18 PM, uktog said:

It was a problem in part of the engine but all is fixed. They stripped out 500 hoses and valves until they found the guilty one. We had to travel at reduced speed until they got to the problem so have had to miss a port today to catch up. 

A very good question and answer was held this morning involving the captain and chief engineer with diagrams and explanations for the technical minded and simple explanations for the less technical. The faulty valve was in an area that would not normally have been expected to give issues 

Thanks for the update uktog! DH&I have been touring and traveling since disembarking on 12/1 and I'm just now catching up on all the news and various thread topics. The Pursuit was wonderful during our, and your, Panama Canal cruise, so I'm sorry to hear she has since had a valve problem. Thankfully all is diagnosed and back in good working order again. 

P.S. It was a pleasure to meet you. How was your excursion to Machu Picchu?

Captain Antonio sure has had some challenges...the winds in Civitavecchia, the last minute change of itinerary and out running the storms during the TA and now this. He has definitely proven himself an excellent communicator and showed that he cares about his pax. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Captain Antonio sure has had some challenges...the winds in Civitavecchia, the last minute change of itinerary and out running the storms during the TA and now this. He has definitely proven himself an excellent communicator and showed that he cares about his pax. 

One might call it baptism by fire. He has definitely proven himself excellent in every facet of the job. 

Bravo Captain Antonio!

• Like 3