Swimming onboard in Canada

_lefty26_

2 hours ago, _lefty26_ said:

Is the pool comfortable enough to enter when cruising in Canada during the springtime? I would assume the pool roof is closed.

Define “springtime” - it can mean March 22 or June 20;    also, the ship matters:  HAL ships have sliding covers which are only reasonably effective in holding in warmth, while Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships (to my experience) have much more enclosed, and therefore warmer, covered pools.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Define “springtime” - it can mean March 22 or June 20;    also, the ship matters:  HAL ships have sliding covers which are only reasonably effective in holding in warmth, while Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships (to my experience) have much more enclosed, and therefore warmer, covered pools.

May 2019 Montreal/Boston

As a former Great Lakes life guard (although I think our supervisor was a bit mean) we had to swim in Lake Michigan in May 🙂 Think the pool will be fine. Our kids swam in the outdoor pool on the Oosterdam in Alaska in June....now the folks from Texas thought they had lost their minds........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _lefty26_ said:

Zaandam/HAL

The Zaandam's main pool has a retractable cover.  When it is chilly, the cover is closed and the pool heated.  If you would get a really warm day the staff will sometimes partially open the roof.  The aft pool will likely not be a popular place on that itienerary :).

Hank