Gem, Oct. 20-27 - Refundable credit

kochleffel

Near the end of a cruise on the Gem last month, when I checked my account, I saw that a refundable credit of $20 had been posted, and my folio on the last morning did indeed show $20 due to me.

Any idea of the reason for it? Others said they had also received it. I'm certainly not complaining, but I'd like to know why it was added.

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

My guess would be a missed port.  Usually that small amount would be awarded when you've had to bypass a port. 

also sometimes it could be a refund of port taxes and fees. when you book the cruise, Norwegian over estimates the costs. then during the cruise, they get the actual costs. if paid more, you get a small refund too.

Different ship, Escape to Bermuda's Halloween 10-28 sailing, and, we got a $14.00 p/p non-refundable OBC posted about midway during our cruise.  Never got an explanation but my understanding from others on the Roll Call is that everyone got it ... but, happy campers here don't mind a little $28.00 subsidy for this cruise.  

We had a shortened time at Dockyard as scheduled already with reduced port charges/taxes/fees calculated upfront ... unlikely we got extra credit for sailing out of NY an hour later than usual.  Never got a problem spending doing Duty-Free shopping @gift shop, etc.