Which drinks are included in the new Easy Package?

canny_cruiser

Thinking about booking the Divina ex Miami sailiing on 9 Decmber. I used to take the Allegrissimo drinks package. As per usual, MSC throws a spanner in the works by introducing new packages. The description for the Easy package on Caribbean cruises is not at all clear, simply stating a “selection” of drinks is included. My understanding is that there is no individual price cap such as the 6euros for European cruises so I’m assuming there is some indication on the bar lists of what and what isn’t i ncluded ( like the asterisk  on the old drinks list).

I read in another thread that the new bar lists are now in use on Seaside. 

Is there anyone on board who could perhaps upload pics of the list, please?

Edited by canny_cruiser

The Easy package comes with a $5 limit so I guess you are looking at simple drinks like a G&T, I was going to buy the deluxe package but since this PR disaster by MSC I think I will just buy the Easy and stick with simple drinks, a G&T is my drink of choice anyway.

10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

My south america sailing is showing $5 just to confuse things further.

Well that makes your choice easy!  Heineken draught (7 ounce only).

Edited by Até

8 minutes ago, Até said:

Well that makes your choice easy!  Heineken draught (7 ounce only).

Are you saying Heineken is the only drink under $5?

According to the blurb, it should include all this:Drinks.JPG.7fc267bd38d54d5d61e0f1af1d13be3f.JPG

Honestly, what are they thinking!

This was my first MSC cruise and I was impressed with the Black status match, now I'm 100% regretting my booking!

Total PR disaster!

• Does $5 even buy a coke?  This is unbelievable, MSC will be loosing people faster than ever with these joke drink packages. So glad I got the Deluxe in time, assuming they will even honor it. We have no intentions to even considered MSC again.  They are the most discombobulated company I've ever seen.  How can they have 5 different answers for every question?

16 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Are you saying Heineken is the only drink under $5?

Sorry, I was being a bit facetious.  I really don't know what ship or sailing you are on.  The whole drink plan roll out is a fiasco and conflicting information by MSC abounds.  If MSC rolls out the new bar menu that was seen on Seaside and is reported to be on Divina to the rest of the fleet then there will be amazingly few choices if that $5 limit is real.  I posted the complete bar menu here.

2 minutes ago, Até said:

Sorry, I was being a bit facetious.  I really don't know what ship or sailing you are on.  The whole drink plan roll out is a fiasco and conflicting information by MSC abounds.  If MSC rolls out the new bar menu that was seen on Seaside and is reported to be on Divina to the rest of the fleet then there will be amazingly few choices if that $5 limit is real.  I posted the complete bar menu here.

Wow thanks for that, looking at that menu $5 gets virtually nothing! The $5 is what is being offered in my beverage package, so very much real unfortunately.

I will be on the Fantasia but that is a year away, god only know what $5 will buy in 12 months.

We have just returned from MSC Seaview  (European sailing) having had the fantastic classic package, I always tell cruisers thinking of booking MSC about the great value drinks packages , well it seems NO MORE the new look packages are far far more expensive with hardly anything included, so I for one am very disappointed that what we had this cruise we will not be getting for the cruise next year 

• Like 2

Sidari, you mentioned a drink limit of $6 for the Caribbean and €6 for Europe. 

Do you have any idea of the price for Dubai please? All the information going around at the moment seems to be for the  Caribbean and Europe. 

Edited by Smurf2017

8 minutes ago, Smurf2017 said:

Sidari, you mentioned a drink limit of $6 for the Caribbean and €6 for Europe. 

Do you have any idea of the price for Dubai please? All the information going around at the moment seems to be for the  Caribbean and Europe. 

I found this on a review site:

€6 for Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Emirates, Antilles and Cuba cruises; $5 for South American cruises.

3 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

We have just returned from MSC Seaview  (European sailing) having had the fantastic classic package, I always tell cruisers thinking of booking MSC about the great value drinks packages , well it seems NO MORE the new look packages are far far more expensive with hardly anything included, so I for one am very disappointed that what we had this cruise we will not be getting for the cruise next year 

Well you will if you pay for it! Just not a cheap as this year!

The Premium Plus has all the benefits of the old Deluxe other than 'Gelatogate'

17 minutes ago, sidari said:

Not sure the Pp is available on Europe cruises as yet though it will be on ships with YC, the current cost of £61 pp pd for US sailings would not be getting my money!

Out of interest it's showing on my South America but at £51 pp pd

South America 8 night prices as:

Easy                 £216 / £27 ($5 limit)

Premium         £344 / £43 ($10 limit)

Premium+       £408 / £51 (no limit)

Non Alcoholic £152 / £19 (no limit)

Edited by ziggyuk

34 minutes ago, sidari said:

Not sure the Pp is available on Europe cruises as yet though it will be on ships with YC, the current cost of £61 pp pd for US sailings would not be getting my money!

Premium Plus is not showing available on my N Europe Preziosa sailings booked from US.  It shows up on Meraviglia sailing from US, but not Divina from US so who knows.  I'm getting Easy for $35pd with no dollar limit mentioned, Premium for $62pd with $12 limit, Premium Plus for $79pd for unlimited and Non-Alcoholic for an astounding $29pd with no dollar limit mentioned.

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

South America 8 night prices as:

Easy                 £216 / £27 ($5 limit)

Premium         £344 / £43 ($10 limit)

Premium+       £408 / £51 (no limit)

Non Alcoholic £152 / £19 (no limit)

Agree. My South American Reposition the PP is £51pppd 

14 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

We have just got off the Seaview and paid £24 per person per day for  a classic package with what they  seem to be now offering as a  Premium package  at £43 a Huge jump I would say , 

Até's US sailing is eve worse at $62 which is £48, the South American cruises do appear a bit cheaper.