Internet perk?

CQG67

Someone on my May roll call stated that  you get free internet as an elite member.  I have never found this to be the case and when I looked up the benefits for each tier, nowhere was internet mentioned.  Am I missing something?  I would like to know if they even give us a cost break on their very pricey packages.  

Each Elite member is entitled to either 90 free minutes of WIFI or 30% off an unlimited package. You may each choose the same or different options. If you choose the 90 free minutes, make sure to log off after use or your time will continue to run until it runs out and then you'll be billed. If you choose the unlimited option, you can purchase it pre-cruise. Don't do it online because there isn't a way to apply your Captains Club discount. Instead call Captains Club. If there's a pre-cruise internet sale, they won't stack the discounts, but the #30% has always been a better option than any of the pre-cruise sales I've seen (at most 20%). They will use any available OBC towards the purchase however.

25 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

They will use any available OBC towards the purchase however.

If you purchase pre -cruise you have the option to use OBC or pay via credit card.

if you purchase on the ship the tge charge will be applied to your on-board account and if you have OBC the OBC is reduced by the amount of the purchase.  Just tge same as other charges, gratuties, shop purchases, drinks, etc.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

If you purchase pre -cruise you have the option to use OBC or pay via credit card.

if you purchase on the ship the tge charge will be applied to your on-board account and if you have OBC the OBC is reduced by the amount of the purchase.  Just tge same as other charges, gratuties, shop purchases, drinks, etc.

Thanks. I've just never used it since being elite because I didn't know it was offered.  I looked at the tier benefits and didn't see it but zinbekieve you all and will certainly take advantage of either the z90 min or the 30% off as I have a lot of OBC.  Thanks again.  Barb

This is a good reminder to read the Captain's Club welcome letter you will get in your stateroom on arrival carefully -- it will spell out the laundry and internet benefits, the time and place for the Captain's Club continental breakfast, and your drink options during Happy Hour.  Also the time and place of other events -- the wine tasting, the backstage tour, etc.

If you wish you can use your Celebrity OBC to purchase the wifi. Any amount over your OBC will go to the credit card. That is what I will be doing for our b2b July cruises since we only got 2 perks and we took the $300 OBC and the drinks package.