Getting Your Mariner Stars Back

POA1

Want to add my thanks to all of the other well-deserved ones.  After the original image was broken, in desperation I took a photo of my Mariner pin and inserted a cropped .png image -- but that just looked gaudy and dumb.  So THANKS AGAIN!

On 11/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, POA1 said:

https://www.instituteofcheer.com/img/HAL/4starMariner.gif

This is what I copied and pasted but can’t seem to make it work.  I get a pink box when I go to “insert into post”.  Any suggestions/help please.  You are great to be helping us with these tech things! 

1 minute ago, Sea Belle said:

This is what I copied and pasted but can’t seem to make it work.  I get a pink box when I go to “insert into post”.  Any suggestions/help please.  You are great to be helping us with these tech things! 

Try single clicking on the the image you want and then hitting Ctrl + C or however you copy on your machine / device / evil robot. You should then be able to paste the image into your signature. 

If that does not work, email me poa1 - at - instituteofcheer.com and I'll try to help. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Belle said:

This is a trial to see if the 4* image works!

Nope.  I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. You'll see the image appear in the signature editing box once you insert it.  I'm waterproofing DW's convertible top now, but I'll check back later. Good luck!

Testing image. This is crazy!  When I change my signature, see the 4 star image there, save it, and then when I post it is not here.  I’m going to take a break and let my pea sized brain reset!  :classic_wacko:

Edited by Sea Belle
Image review.

In case anyone else runs into this issue...

@Sea Belle's signature had some random, invisible rich text HTML at the beginning of her signature.  You couldn't see it, but you could look at it using the developer tools' inspection tool in certain browsers.  This isn't something that most people would think to do - but if you run into an issue where you can't insert an image into your signature, just do a "Select All" (Ctrl+A or Command+A on computers. Usually a long press and then clicking select all on tablets or phones.)  Once you've done a Select All, delete the signature - even though you can't see anything. After you do that, you can insert the image or other signature stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian, what would we do without you!

You are a wealth of good cheer😉, so helpful with our CC board, and I want some 

Christmas melodies 🎼🎼🎼  hopefully you can do again👍 You give from the heart, and I thank you for all the help you give gladly! 

Denise😊

• Like 1

Brian certainly made me feel better about my mental state:classic_wacko:!  I would never have known how to figure this out on my own and probably not with the help of my children and Grands either.    Thank you, Brian, for your patience and mystery solving.

51 minutes ago, Sea Belle said:

Brian certainly made me feel better about my mental state:classic_wacko:!  I would never have known how to figure this out on my own and probably not with the help of my children and Grands either.    Thank you, Brian, for your patience and mystery solving.

Happy to help. It was an odd situation without any visible text in your signature. I tried to follow the instructions I sent you - both sets - and neither of them worked. That's when I realized that there was "stuff" in your signature that was preventing the image from being added. I only figured out what was wrong because I deal with code all the time. 

So, don't feel bad. It wasn't a normal problem. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, catl331 said:

She's still trying to use the old HAL /images/3starMariner.gif that no longer exists

Thanks. I just got back to my PC. I was on my phone last night, and as you probably know, there's no signature display on the smaller screen rendering.

12 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Thank you POA. You explained it perfectly. Except, now it isn't here.

Carol -

Your signature is more than 10 lines of text. That's no longer legal under the new rules.  You have to compress the sailings part by having more than one sailing on a line so that you don't exceed the line limit. Once you do that, you should be able to add the stars back in.

See if you can copy & paste the stuff I'm putting between the lines below. It's only 6 lines and one image, so it should be within limits. As you go on new cruises, just add them with a pipe | between them until the line is kind of full. 

Carol 3starMariner.gif

Royal Viking Star 6/90 Bermuda | Veendam 11/29/03 WesternCaribbean | Statendam 6/20/04 Alaska | Statendam 6/27/04 Alaska | Zuiderdam 11/13/04 Eastern Caribbean

Rotterdam 2/14/05 Panama Canal | Zuiderdam 11/12/05 Southern Caribbean | Noordam 2/7/07 Eastern Caribbean | Noordam 2/6/08 Eastern Caribbean

Eurodam 8/29/08 NYC 3 day Inaugural Cruise | Maasdam 1/28/11 Southern Caribbean | Maasdam 6/11/11 N. Eng/Canada | Maasdam 1/13/12 Southern Caribbean

Veendam 6/17/12 Bermuda | Maasdam 4/22/ 13 Eastern Caribbean | Nieuw Amsterdam 12/20/2017. 3 day Bahamas | Royal Caribbean 12/31/2018 5 days to Cuba
Zuiderdam 9/15/19 12 days Quebec to NY

Edited by POA1