Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

4 hours ago, Getty123 said:

VT

please grab a photo of 11123 is a handicap S2 as my wife needs it, she suffers from ms. Specially the bathroom

enjoy Florida any questions call me I am in Maimi 786-385-0837

thanks 

I hope I will be able to see that suite for you! I put it on my list. I hope that it will work out so that you two have a wonderful cruise!

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

VT, I just cannot believe that it is finally happening for you, along with the rest of us who are eagerly awaiting to hear all about Edge.  So happy that your tower room is fine, and that you have a more than perfect view of Edge as she quiety(most likely not)awaits the next voyage with you onboard.

Your introduction and photos have been much anticipated, but I think you are really a secret Edge admirer that is highly trained as a VIP!  Hahaha!  if not yet, you certainly will gain lots of recognition from Celebrity and your devoted peers.

Like Joe above, I have to wait for the end of April, but at least I will be privy to all the ins and outs, like the rest of us Edgies!

Have a wonderful cruise and do not forget to enjoy every single minute of all your cruises!

Suzy...

I will be so jealous of your TA on this ship. You are so lucky! Thanks for the good wishes!

6 hours ago, Getty123 said:

VT

please grab a photo of 11123 is a handicap S2 as my wife needs it, she suffers from ms. Specially the bathroom

enjoy Florida any questions call me I am in Maimi 786-385-0837

thanks 

I would appreciate a picture of any accessible cabin, especially of the beds as I hear they will be 3 or 4 inches higher than the beds on their other ships, which could make it difficult for those of use who can't stand to get into bed by sliding across.

Hi VT, finally I managed to get onto CC after they switched their system...I am amazed about your wonderful report and can't wait to get on board on Jan 6th & the 13th in a SV cabin on deck 8...I will be in Aquaclass on deck 10 with my friend Tish from SC on the 20th and with my friend Sarah from Vancouver Island on the 27th...with a little bit of luck I will meet you... I booked my flight for the 4th already a while ago, but I guess I should find a hotel soon as well. Travelling solo I like to be central...

Would you have any suggestions for me?

Enjoy your wonderful cruises and take it all in😊

Rose

• Thanks 1

Vtcruising remember you are on vacation enjoy this time with your spouse.  Please enjoy your time on The Edge.

Now, I need to ask a simple question to all the engineers and ships experts. Looking at Vtcruising photos from the airplane. The Edge looks smaller in length and size  than the Celebrity Infinity. Is that possible ?

Edited by cruise47

6 hours ago, dgraham said:

I would appreciate a picture of any accessible cabin, especially of the beds as I hear they will be 3 or 4 inches higher than the beds on their other ships, which could make it difficult for those of use who can't stand to get into bed by sliding across.

I added it to the list. I am going to ask to see an accessible cabin, if one isn't open. 🙂

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Vtcruising remember you are on vacation enjoy this time with your spouse.  Please enjoy your time on The Edge.

Now, I need to ask a simple question to all the engineers and ships experts. Looking at Vtcruising photos from the airplane. The Edge looks smaller in length and size  than the Celebrity Infinity. Is that possible ?

It is so funny that you mentioned that because when the Infinity was leaving last night, she looked huge to me. I haven't had time to look up the stats. 🙂

This is the day that I have been waiting for and somehow I slept like a baby (the bed was great!). We had a lovely evening on the balcony with our wine. It was a fun way to start the cruise. My DH doesn't like the looks of the MC and I told him to get over it 😉 - that many of us didn't like the look either, but it is part of the package. He'll be loving it soon. I went over all of the cruises and what I had booked - he lets me do the planning and jokes that I just need to tell him the date and time to show up with a suitcase. 🙂  We were able to enjoy a lovely night in FLL.

image.thumb.png.330d8e572a090fecca1ec914ba897ef4.png

This morning we jumped out of bed at 5:45 to see the ships coming in - what a parade! The Edge is back at T25 and looking lovely in the morning.

image.png.e68118087387727e04f438a6879fcf96.png

Here's a few other ships:

Regal Princess on right and Harmony of the Seas pulling into place on left (my DH had the binocs so hopefully he was correct):

image.thumb.png.d998689da56059e6d2fbd742851dddf3.png

Harmony coming in:

image.png.9fb4bebf1ae78cf8680cbc21c15258b5.png

Caribbean Princess:

image.png.4a4f3a2171f658ba115466713b81c7b4.png

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (across the back):

image.png.f7db5de49c5cfe7ced3af691d736fdb4.png

The bridge at sunrise:

image.thumb.png.b18359d75853611388233723be839e66.png

We love it here! We will be back on Thursday for an Edge break, if they force us off. 🙂

Now to get ready for the day. I repacked most of my suitcases yesterday. I always pack my carry on as if I will never see my big case again. I will go through them one more time and then have the magical moment of attaching the luggage tags. 😉

Right now I will redo my "must see" list. I made it out last night and couldn't decide what to see first or how to attack it. The MC is at the pool deck so I may start at the top and work my way down. I may be able to get some good pictures before the crowds arrive. There are so many places/things I want to see (MC, Eden, Mr Edge, the Haunted Forest, the pendulum staircase, Cafe al Bacio {and who is that woman in the picture}, the Faceless People, the cabanas, the pool, Solarium, just to name a few)! The other huge conundrum is where to have my first tasty beverage - decisions, decisions. I do know that I will toast Lloyd and all of you with my first drink!! 😁

I have some tough decisions to make - when I come back with the next post, I hope to be in T25!!

• Like 6

Good Morning Marilyn!  I know that it certainly is for you.  For some reason, I didn't see this thread yesterday.  I know that I won't stop seeing it until we board on Tuesday. :classic_biggrin: This is going to be so much fun.  I would say that I can't tell you how excited I am; but I know you know, since you are too.  See you Tuesday at the RTG!

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think this is Harmony coming in - very pretty sight!

I believe this is Harmony's first entry to PE.  She has been sailing out of Miami, and now will sail from PE.  (I saw that info somewhere, not sure where, but my second clue was that she was not listed on the Sail Away list yesterday from Miami)

Then in May, she moves to Port Canaveral.  That lady gets around!

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

It is so funny that you mentioned that because when the Infinity was leaving last night, she looked huge to me. I haven't had time to look up the stats. 🙂

Since no one else has answered this,  here's the scoop:

Infinity       -   Length  965',   Beam 105',  Passenger Capacity 2170

Edge          -   Length 1004',  Beam 128',  Passenger Capacity 2908

Reflection -   Length 1047',  Beam 121',  Passenger Capacity 3046

As you can see, Infinity is the smallest of the three, but Edge is shorter but wider than Reflection and who is to say whether that 7' beam difference is really visible.  And Reflection has the highest Passenger Capacity to go with her length.  It is so difficult to judge their size ranking.  X has said in the past that Edge was not as large as the S Class ships, so I guess they don't take that 7' into account, either.  

Bon Voyage, whichever you are sailing! :classic_smile:  But, VT, BON VOYAGE TO YOU on our EDGE! 

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Got my t shirt ready 

294DD7BD-408C-4EA7-9F96-C62E58F2E274.thumb.jpeg.9f4e9a4a1e8da4d18a6ac3e3ce0effa1.jpeg

LOVE that!  Good job, VT!  

I hope you made lots of them, because everyone who sees it will want one.  More stock for the dockside shop!

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Since no one else has answered this,  here's the scoop:

Infinity       -   Length  965',   Beam 105',  Passenger Capacity 2170

Edge          -   Length 1004',  Beam 128',  Passenger Capacity 2908

Reflection -   Length 1047',  Beam 121',  Passenger Capacity 3046

As you can see, Infinity is the smallest of the three, but Edge is shorter but wider than Reflection and who is to say whether that 7' beam difference is really visible.  And Reflection has the highest Passenger Capacity to go with her length.  It is so difficult to judge their size ranking.  X has said in the past that Edge was not as large as the S Class ships, so I guess they don't take that 7' into account, either.  

Bon Voyage, whichever you are sailing! :classic_smile:  But, VT, BON VOYAGE TO YOU on our EDGE! 

Does the beam include the Magic carpet hanging over the side?

57 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (across the back):

image.png.f7db5de49c5cfe7ced3af691d736fdb4.png

I know it probably doesn't matter to anyone here, but in the interest of having completely factual information, the ship across the back at T19 is HAL Zuiderdam, and the one on the left at T21 is HAL Nieuw Amsterdam.  Don't want anyone to lose at Trivia, you know.  :classic_tongue:

Love your shirt. Now I need a big favor.

Please copyright your shirt design before someone else does it.

You have work to hard on this design.

Good luck I will be  watching the FFL sailway today

Edited by cruise47
  • Like 1