Shore excursions

M&Dcruisers

The last time I sailed with Oceania, the Olife choice didn’t exist.  Regarding the Olife shore excursion benefit..... I realize not all ‘categories’ of excursions can be applied to the benefit.  If I take a non-eligible shore excursion, will I receive a credit on the price? 

Edited by M&Dcruisers

if you do not want any of the Free O life  excursions  choose a different  perk or take the cruise only fare

I do not think they give you a credit  if you choose not to take  one of the free options

6 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Just to clarify - do you mean only *after* May or "during or after May"?

Thanks.

GC

cruises  starting after  May 19/19   you can use your OBC  before  boarding the ship  to book excursions plus

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2018/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+NEW+GUEST+EXPERIENCE+ENHANCEMENTS+-+More+Convenient+Ways+to+Plan%2c+Save%2c+Spend%2c+and+Travel+are+part+of+OceaniaNEXT/

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks.  

(Sort of half and half :classic_wink: )

GC

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

A query about paying for an excursion with credit card before leaving on a cruise.

If that excursion is self cancelled when onboard, is it refunded to the credit card or put as refundable OBC onto your onboard account ?

Thanks.

Onboard   it will be a refundable OBC until the last night of the cruise  where you get  the cash back

Regarding the OLife OBC option, I can't figure out why anyone would choose it, other than not knowing you can opt out of it and get a credit posted to your base cruise fare. For example, let's say the OLife option is 6 excursions or a free beverage package or $600 OBC. If you decide to opt out of the OLife option, you would get $600 taken off your basic cruise fare. If you choose to take the OLife OBC option, it is non-refundable. What am I missing?

33 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Regarding the OLife OBC option, I can't figure out why anyone would choose it, other than not knowing you can opt out of it and get a credit posted to your base cruise fare. For example, let's say the OLife option is 6 excursions or a free beverage package or $600 OBC. If you decide to opt out of the OLife option, you would get $600 taken off your basic cruise fare. If you choose to take the OLife OBC option, it is non-refundable. What am I missing?

Nothing 🙂

I have never chosen that option.

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

That happened to me...got $100 OBC  back even though the "value" of the excursion was more than that. Not sure if you get $100 if the value of the excursion is less than $100.

I think they were talking about paying upfront for the excursion  not part of the OLIFE  perk

It makes a difference

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

at one time I believe  the O Life perk was  a good deal & in some cases you can come out ahead  but now you need to do the math

24 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

at one time I believe  the O Life perk was  a good deal & in some cases you can come out ahead  but now you need to do the math

True.

You WILL come out ahead if you like or don’t mind O excursions. In such cases, choosing the included excursions you can almost double the value of the package by choosing excursions up to $199 and paying only $100 for them. In addition, by choosing the O Life excursions you come closer to getting 25% off some additional excursions. If you like to do your own excursions, this won’t be of any value to you.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

If you like to do your own excursions, this won’t be of any value to you.

We prefer doing private excursions, but if you take a very long cruise (such as the world cruise), paying for 81 private excursions costs a minor fortune....taking the OLife excursion perk makes alot of sense for some situations.

33 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

We prefer doing private excursions, but if you take a very long cruise (such as the world cruise), paying for 81 private excursions costs a minor fortune....taking the OLife excursion perk makes alot of sense for some situations.

Yes - you are right; I should have been more specific.

That said, RTW cruise is a unique situation - most people will take much shorter cruises.