2 reservations through different TAs, can i rearrange people once on board?

Kiran

I have 2 reservations for same cruise through different TAs, can i rearrange people once on board?

Cruise within 3 months.

First made a reservation for 3 in a Junior Suite. 

Then my son surprised me by deciding to join us. So he has a reservation as a single in a balcony but through a different TA to save $700. I tried to have first TA ask about adding a room and transferring but Royal phone lines were really tied up Monday. Reservations I thnk were nonrefundable or at least within the 90 days so would have possibly lost 25% of third person if it didn't get completely mixed up.

So once on board or while checking in, will Royal allow us to switch one person from Junior Suite (who would be sleeping on a sofabed) to share balcony cabin with my son?

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

I have 2 reservations for same cruise through different TAs, can i rearrange people once on board?

Cruise within 3 months.

First made a reservation for 3 in a Junior Suite. 

Then my son surprised me by deciding to join us. So he has a reservation as a single in a balcony but through a different TA to save $700. I tried to have first TA ask about adding a room and transferring but Royal phone lines were really tied up Monday. Reservations I thnk were nonrefundable or at least within the 90 days so would have possibly lost 25% of third person if it didn't get completely mixed up.

So once on board or while checking in, will Royal allow us to switch one person from Junior Suite (who would be sleeping on a sofabed) to share balcony cabin with my son?

1. Have your TA call Royal and find out what the cancellation penalties are for the 3rd person in the JS.

2. If there  are no penalties then have your son add that person to his room.

3. Cancel the third person from your room getting a full refund.

Yes, the same person can be listed on multiple rooms for the same ship and sail date at the same time. 

On 11/29/2018 at 7:23 PM, Host Clarea said:

Once onboard they don't care where people sleep.  Go to Guest Services and get an extra key for those who are changing rooms.

The room steward might be mad if the 2 cabins have different room stewards taking care of the cabins, One will lose the tips of that one person switching to the other cabin.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The room steward might be mad if the 2 cabins have different room stewards taking care of the cabins, One will lose the tips of that one person switching to the other cabin.

Not really a issue when all tips are pooled and shared by the crew.  I read that if 1 cabin removes tips from the pool it only amounts to less then a dollar.  The $14.00 per person per day is divided by about 1500 crew.  

As others have said, they don't care who sleeps where once you're on board. However, you're now paying for triple occupancy in the junior suite and double occupancy in your son's room. (Double the rate minus the taxes and gratuities for the second person.) Depending on what specials you got when you booked, and what the rate is now, you could end up paying either more or less by rearranging people. Working with two different TAs makes it a challenge for sure.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not really a issue when all tips are pooled and shared by the crew.  I read that if 1 cabin removes tips from the pool it only amounts to less then a dollar.  The $14.00 per person per day is divided by about 1500 crew.  

I highly doubt when I  directly hand cash to my room steward he is putting it in a pool to share with his co workers.