Special Diet

auie2

We have been on a Ketogenetic diet for the last 8 months. We can get around eating what is allow but the deserts or sweets. Do you think they would make a almond flour sugar free deserts for us. Who would we ask? I would supply the Almond Flour if they would do it.

Thanks,

Kelley N David

I know that there are gluten free options in some locations on Anthem but don’t know about keto appropriate desserts. You can try reaching out to the special needs Dept at RCL to see if they know more about what’s available or can be done. Special_needs@rccl.com

1 hour ago, Setting Sail Gal said:

I am on Keto too.  I set sail in three days and I have packed Lilly bars, Quest cookies, Keto Bars, nuts, and one case of Zevia.  This is my plan to attack the needs for something to munch on.  Good luck.

I’m on keto and IF and leaving Sunday as well. Which ship? I’m at a crossroads on what to do... eat stuff I want within limits or just stay strict. Alcohol will be tough cause vodka and water is a little boring on vacation

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkeyCat said:

I’m on keto and IF and leaving Sunday as well. Which ship? I’m at a crossroads on what to do... eat stuff I want within limits or just stay strict. Alcohol will be tough cause vodka and water is a little boring on vacation

You can stay strict.  

First thing you do is when they bring the basket of bread, tell them to take it away, and don't bring it back- easy.  And for every main dish, they will always substitute the starch for veggies- pretty easy.

We've never found a good solution to desert- so we just don't do it.  So your option of taking stuff with you is the best option.

Last I saw on some of the sites is that real alcohol is ok.  So rum, various whiskeys, etc are all ok (as long as they are not sweetened).  That and dry red wine was also ok.   Your info may differ, I accept that.

It's not impossible to stay on keto, but it does take some work, just like at home. And if you are lucky, you will find a wait staff who know what you are doing, and will work with you.

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

You can stay strict.  

First thing you do is when they bring the basket of bread, tell them to take it away, and don't bring it back- easy.  And for every main dish, they will always substitute the starch for veggies- pretty easy.

We've never found a good solution to desert- so we just don't do it.  So your option of taking stuff with you is the best option.

Last I saw on some of the sites is that real alcohol is ok.  So rum, various whiskeys, etc are all ok (as long as they are not sweetened).  That and dry red wine was also ok.   Your info may differ, I accept that.

It's not impossible to stay on keto, but it does take some work, just like at home. And if you are lucky, you will find a wait staff who know what you are doing, and will work with you.

Thanks for info. I don’t like sweets so not having dessert is fine. I haven’t cheated in the 4-5 months I’ve been doing it, so I guess it is smarter to just power through it cause I know i’d Probably feel physically horrible by cheating. 

My wife and I returned on Sunday from the Liberty of the Seas. We both are pretty strict Keto followers. I did not follow a Keto diet while I was cruising, but my wife stayed true and was able to do so pretty easy (she has a lot of will power) with some help at dinner. On the first night she explained to our waiter her restrictions. That night my wife just ordered a steak, Cesar salad (romaine was still available), and broccoli. Later on in dinner the head waiter "Tony Bennett" came over and inquired about her menu preferences. My wife asked if they could make anything with coconut flour and was able to request some special meals including coconut flour chicken with and Alfredo sauce that contained only cream, cheese, and butter (which was delicious) and other variations. She would have steak and broccoli some nights but if they had the ingredients they worked with her very well. The chef actually came out one night and you can see he was genuinely excited he got to cook something special for a guest. We didn't do anything on deserts as my wife did a lot of baking before leaving so she was covered. All in all, 5 stars to the staff on the Liberty for accommodating my wife. Breakfast and Lunch at the WJ was pretty easy since there are plenty of options, especially breakfast since bacon is plentiful!!!

• Like 2