Problems Australia VISA

We went through the Australia gov site and got our VISA'S.  My understanding is that they automatically attach to your passport.  I have tried to go back in and check with the number they gave me and they will not accept my information. I cannot verify I have the VISA.   I'm going to have my husband check our credit card to see if the payment to them went through and I have emailed them via their website asking what to do...but have not heard back from them.  Getting nervous since we are less than a month out from needing it.  

Any suggestions???

33 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

We went through the Australia gov site and got our VISA'S.  My understanding is that they automatically attach to your passport.  I have tried to go back in and check with the number they gave me and they will not accept my information. I cannot verify I have the VISA.   I'm going to have my husband check our credit card to see if the payment to them went through and I have emailed them via their website asking what to do...but have not heard back from them.  Getting nervous since we are less than a month out from needing it.  

Any suggestions???

When did you email them, you won’t get a response over the weekend.

9 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Any suggestions???

If your Credit Card has been debited you should be covered electronically with an entry visa.

DId it yesterday.  When our payment went thru the notice said that the visa was now attached to our passport and the airlines could access it.  It is a slick system.  Seems to me that three years ago we had to print them out.

18 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Yes it is a great system...I guess the only thing that makes me nervous is not actually being able to see that it is attached or having anything but a number and seeing it on credit card statement...no real proof if there is a problem.  

The number is your proof, and if really concerned take your credit card statement too.

12 hours ago, Bufferdoo said:

I went through CIBT visas, recommended by Celebrity. I printed confirmation that it was confirmed by the Australian government

May I ask why you went through a non Australian Government agency to obtain a ETA which I believe cost around US$50 instead of through the Australian Government website where the cost would have been AU$20 (US$14.40)?

Leigh

6 hours ago, possum52 said:

May I ask why you went through a non Australian Government agency to obtain a ETA which I believe cost around US$50 instead of through the Australian Government website where the cost would have been AU$20 (US$14.40)?

Leigh

Not to mention providing ones personal data to an entity that is not obligated to comply with the Privacy Act - unlike the Aus Govt. 

Baffles me why people would even consider using third parties when it's perfectly simple to use the direct Govt website. 

5 hours ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

Not to mention providing ones personal data to an entity that is not obligated to comply with the Privacy Act - unlike the Aus Govt. 

Baffles me why people would even consider using third parties when it's perfectly simple to use the direct Govt website. 

Yep, even when I read some 3rd party did it for less than $20 or even free, I think Why???

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, PerfectlyPerth said:

So you are perfectly happy to give all of your personal identifying data to a provider that is not the official Govt site (bound by the Privacy Act)?  

Have fun with that whole identity theft thing when it eventually happens. 

Have done this for 10 years with never a problem...…...some people can be very insecure

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:17 AM, possum52 said:

Leigh

Our travel agent and Celebrity recommended that we do.

20 hours ago, Bufferdoo said:

It seems to me that cruise companies and travel agencies shouldn't be making recommendations such as how to obtain visas. Surely they should give the website or phone number of the appropriate country's embassy or consul so the correct information may be given.

Leigh

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:12 AM, Bufferdoo said:

I would check with your TA to see whether they receive commission on their recommendation.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:45 PM, possum52 said:

On 12/16/2018 at 8:45 PM, possum52 said:

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 2:17 PM, 8373seth said:

How far in advance can(should) you get the Visa? We are traveling there in Oct.  

If you are referring to an ETA, it is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.  

For details, see the FAQs from the official Australian government website:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-text/eta/pages/en/faqs.aspx