Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
2+2

Beach Escape Beach Club?

Recommended Posts

Our ship has an excursion that goes to Beach Escape Beach Club. I cannot seem to find any information on-line about it. Does it, or has it gone by another name. Any reviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 2+2 said:

Our ship has an excursion that goes to Beach Escape Beach Club. I cannot seem to find any information on-line about it. Does it, or has it gone by another name. Any reviews?

 

I don’t know for sure but since you have no other replies I will say the photos of the pool I have seen look like the old Snr Frogs.

 

 Hope someone can confirm for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the same thing about it being the old Snr. Frogs. So that would be next to Blue Kay. This has to be a popular excursion, as I have seen it listed on several cruise lines excursion list.  They describe it as a Beach Break to fabulous Beach Escape Beach Club and also able to walk to a nearby fishing village.  Has anyone been to Blue Kay recently.  Did you notice a Beach Club next door. Has anyone been to Beach Escape Beach Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The description on the Royal Caribbean site doesn't mention a pool.  Rather generic.  But does say the north side of the beach is quieter, which would lend itself to being up toward Blue Kay.  And does say "private", so not just a stop at places along the malecon like Barefoot Beach where some excursions  go.    But many excursions use the wording "beach club" as a generic description in order to prevent cruisers from reaching out to the club itself and booking on their own.

Do note that food is extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

The description on the Royal Caribbean site doesn't mention a pool.  Rather generic.  But does say the north side of the beach is quieter, which would lend itself to being up toward Blue Kay.  And does say "private", so not just a stop at places along the malecon like Barefoot Beach where some excursions  go.    But many excursions use the wording "beach club" as a generic description in order to prevent cruisers from reaching out to the club itself and booking on their own.

Do note that food is extra.

 

Actually Crew the Royal Caribbean site does mention a pool in small writing:

CM05

Open Bar: Revel in a beachside party atmosphere while sipping cocktails, beer and soft drinks from the pool bar.

 

I was looking at the description here that looks like the same place and includes a video

https://costamaya.com/tour/beach-break-at-the-beach-escape/

 

However it  can’t be guaranteed all cruise lines use the same place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the sharp glasses.  

I saw that video link on a search but passed it over because it was labeled Jungle Beach Break which has been used as an excursion name by cruise lines in the past.   That is the pier by Tequila Beach so that must be the pool at old Sr. Frogs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  It does appears to be the old Sr. Frogs, but it sure is odd that there is such little information. Maybe it is so new that no one has gone there yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks for the sharp glasses.  

I saw that video link on a search but passed it over because it was labeled Jungle Beach Break which has been used as an excursion name by cruise lines in the past.   That is the pier by Tequila Beach so that must be the pool at old Sr. Frogs.

 

 

 

Yes i remember people going on the jungle break thinking they were “at” Blue Kay but I am assuming that may have been because Mitsugirly reported at one time that Blue Kay had rented space to the beach Club next door.

 

it is possible that it is also the beach used for the beach break associated with the waterpark excursion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2+2 said:

Thanks.  It does appears to be the old Sr. Frogs, but it sure is odd that there is such little information. Maybe it is so new that no one has gone there yet.  

 

 I think the difficulty is the fact that it doesn't appear to have a name. I am going to Costa Maya this month and was hoping to find out the name and who owns it while scouting out changes at Blue Kay again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I searched Beach Escape, Costa Maya on Google Earth, it marked next to Blue Kay as shown in the picture.  The excursion description specifically calls it Beach Escape Beach Club. I will appreciate your scouting report. Have a great time.  I have a few months before we go. I would still like to hear more,  if anyone has information. 

Screenshot_20181204-162047.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 3:25 PM, c-leg5 said:

 

 I think the difficulty is the fact that it doesn't appear to have a name. I am going to Costa Maya this month and was hoping to find out the name and who owns it while scouting out changes at Blue Kay again.

Did you get back from Costa Maya?  Did you scout the old Senior Frogs or find Beach Escape Beach Club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not book the Costa maya beach break with royal carribean, we were there today and it is quite honestly the worst excursion we have ever done in thirty odd cruises. 

The whole place is made of shipping containers, toilets, bar, food service area. 

The beach itself is ok, but you cannot walk in the sea, it is rocky and as the water is s murky brown for the first few metres you cannot see where to stand. 

If you just want to sit on the beach and drink out of small plastic cups, this is for you. Otherwise avoid, we  set off at 10 am and we’re waiting for taxi back to ship at 1pm, 20 minutes wait. 

We really tried to make the best of it as it was our last beach day, but couldn’t get in the sea, so rather than waste the day went back to the ship. 

There was no pool, although I thought I had read there was when booking, the beach was called bamba beach 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, el barco said:

Do not book the Costa maya beach break with royal carribean, we were there today and it is quite honestly the worst excursion we have ever done in thirty odd cruises. 

The whole place is made of shipping containers, toilets, bar, food service area. 

The beach itself is ok, but you cannot walk in the sea, it is rocky and as the water is s murky brown for the first few metres you cannot see where to stand. 

If you just want to sit on the beach and drink out of small plastic cups, this is for you. Otherwise avoid, we  set off at 10 am and we’re waiting for taxi back to ship at 1pm, 20 minutes wait. 

We really tried to make the best of it as it was our last beach day, but couldn’t get in the sea, so rather than waste the day went back to the ship. 

There was no pool, although I thought I had read there was when booking, the beach was called bamba beach 

 

 

 

 

Could you be more specific as to where this was located on the malecon as that is what people on this thread are really trying to determine?  Were you near the lighthouse?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we were well past the light house about 15 minute drive past. Can’t be more specific as we were on the party bus with blocked out sides so going couldn’t tell where we were heading, but saw the light house on the way back, tour was no cm05, 

We asked several times whether we were in the right place as we wouldn’t book a party bus, prefer the quiet beach life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wondering also if you accidentally got on the party bus tour. There is a party bus excursion listed . Excursion cm05 does not refer to a bus, but does call it Escape Beach.  You went on excursion cm05, so you should know.  Thank you for your input. Any more input from others is appreciated. 

Screenshot_20181217-120305.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

I am wondering also if you accidentally got on the party bus tour. There is a party bus excursion listed . Excursion cm05 does not refer to a bus, but does call it Escape Beach.  You went on excursion cm05, so you should know.  Thank you for your input. Any more input from others is appreciated. 

Screenshot_20181217-120305.png

 

 

I think one of the problems with cruise ship excursions is that they use  a generic title and contract with different places at different times. I have found old reviews from several years ago that suggested they used Uvero for this tour at one time ( and I think also for the party bus). 

 

I do see a Bamba Beach located a mile or so south of the end of the malecon if its location is accurate on google maps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any updated information on this resort??  It is listed as the resort on a beach snorkel excursion with RCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Barco is 100 percent correct.

The Costa Maya Beach Break is now called La Bamba beach break. They advised us the first day on board.  El Barco's description is accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 2+2 said:

El Barco is 100 percent correct.

The Costa Maya Beach Break is now called La Bamba beach break. They advised us the first day on board.  El Barco's description is accurate.

 

Did you go? And do you go on the party bus?

 

I tried to ask the excursion desk onboard a couple of weeks ago. She confirmed it was La Bamba, down a dirt road, NORTH of the port????

 

We had other plans anyway but was trying to clarify for this board!

Edited by c-leg5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled.  I talked to others that went.  Bus was fine. Bad road. They said shipping containers for buildings and did not even try to go in the water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2+2 said:

We cancelled.  I talked to others that went.  Bus was fine. Bad road. They said shipping containers for buildings and did not even try to go in the water. 

 

Ok. I am assuming the road is the one to Maya Chan but not as far if it is indeed south of the port.

 

The water has been bad again with seaweed recently. We had it bad on the malecon in February but not as bad as last February.

 

I wonder who is using the old Snr Frogs now then.

Edited by c-leg5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We chose the Beach Snorkel excursion from RCL.  When we arrived at the port, they said it was very rough and only experienced snorkelers should do the excursion.  We had the option of cancelling, booking another excursion or just doing the beach portion.  The tour person said the price would be less for just the beach day and we would get a credit.  He took us to a desk and asked for our seapass cards, and proceeded to have us sign a receipt and a waiver (more on this later...just beware what you sign)  Bus ride was about 15 minutes of fast driving, quick stopping and bumpy roads.  Arrived somewhere where everyone was wearing shirts that said Beach Escape.  Still cannot find anything on the internet about a Beach Escape place.  We were greeted by a waiter who took us to a section that we had to sit in.  Unfortunately the chairs are on the sand and are old broken wicker recliners that are VERY uncomfortable.  I couldn't sit on them for more than about 15 minutes because of my back, so moved to a wicker upright chair.  The waiter was very nice and would ask about every 1/2 hour if we needed something.   There were people every 10-15 minutes asking you if you wanted a pedicure, hair braiding, bracelets, hats, cigars....ugh!!! We ordered fish tacos for lunch which were $10 and very good.  Another drawback is that they have music blaring and the speakers cut in and out so it is quiet, loud, quiet.  There was a "boardwalk/sidewalk" area you walked across to get to the restrooms that had all types of souvenir stands and lots of people asking you there to buy things.  There was a man with a monkey that you could pay to get a picture.  You had access to free wifi and had to go to the bar to get the code but then it disconnected everytime you turned off your phone, so that was a pain.  We weren't having the best time because you couldn't relax because of all the people and the music, so we left and went back to the ship.  Here's where you need to look at what you are signing (which I didn't do)  When I got a statement that night, there was a $139.98 charge on my account and 2- $53.00 credits.   WHAT!!! The guy said the beach portion would be cheaper than the beach and snorkel but suddenly I was paying an additional $16.99 per person.  I spoke with guest services who then had me talk to the asst. shore excursions manager who said we picked a different excursion and it was more because it included an open bar...but our original excursion also had an open bar so I knew that wasn't a valid argument. It's my fault for not looking at the slip I was signing, but at the time we were just relieved and happy that they were offering to us skip the snorkel portion and said it would be less.  Should have known....eventually after 2 days, the asst. shore excursion manager let me know they would take off that charge, but didn't apologize or give any explanation.   Moral of the story, don't do the Beach Snorkel excursion through Royal Caribbean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KimPossible1 said:

We chose the Beach Snorkel excursion from RCL.  When we arrived at the port, they said it was very rough and only experienced snorkelers should do the excursion.  We had the option of cancelling, booking another excursion or just doing the beach portion.  The tour person said the price would be less for just the beach day and we would get a credit.  He took us to a desk and asked for our seapass cards, and proceeded to have us sign a receipt and a waiver (more on this later...just beware what you sign)  Bus ride was about 15 minutes of fast driving, quick stopping and bumpy roads.  Arrived somewhere where everyone was wearing shirts that said Beach Escape.  Still cannot find anything on the internet about a Beach Escape place.  We were greeted by a waiter who took us to a section that we had to sit in.  Unfortunately the chairs are on the sand and are old broken wicker recliners that are VERY uncomfortable.  I couldn't sit on them for more than about 15 minutes because of my back, so moved to a wicker upright chair.  The waiter was very nice and would ask about every 1/2 hour if we needed something.   There were people every 10-15 minutes asking you if you wanted a pedicure, hair braiding, bracelets, hats, cigars....ugh!!! We ordered fish tacos for lunch which were $10 and very good.  Another drawback is that they have music blaring and the speakers cut in and out so it is quiet, loud, quiet.  There was a "boardwalk/sidewalk" area you walked across to get to the restrooms that had all types of souvenir stands and lots of people asking you there to buy things.  There was a man with a monkey that you could pay to get a picture.  You had access to free wifi and had to go to the bar to get the code but then it disconnected everytime you turned off your phone, so that was a pain.  We weren't having the best time because you couldn't relax because of all the people and the music, so we left and went back to the ship.  Here's where you need to look at what you are signing (which I didn't do)  When I got a statement that night, there was a $139.98 charge on my account and 2- $53.00 credits.   WHAT!!! The guy said the beach portion would be cheaper than the beach and snorkel but suddenly I was paying an additional $16.99 per person.  I spoke with guest services who then had me talk to the asst. shore excursions manager who said we picked a different excursion and it was more because it included an open bar...but our original excursion also had an open bar so I knew that wasn't a valid argument. It's my fault for not looking at the slip I was signing, but at the time we were just relieved and happy that they were offering to us skip the snorkel portion and said it would be less.  Should have known....eventually after 2 days, the asst. shore excursion manager let me know they would take off that charge, but didn't apologize or give any explanation.   Moral of the story, don't do the Beach Snorkel excursion through Royal Caribbean.

 

Unfortunately that still doesn’t clarify if you are talking about the same beach as 2+2.

 

Your description sounds like you were somewhere on the malecon? Did you have beach bars to the left and right and could you see the light house?

 

Were you at the location with the shipping containers or a beach bar with a very small dipping pool near the bar? If you were at the old Snr Frogs I would be interested to know because I am thinking of going to Blue Kay and want to know if there is a lot of noise from whoever has taken over next door. It did seem much noisier than it used to be last time I walked that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey legs, we’ll be there a week from today.  I’ll report back on the water, sargassum, noise, cost of entry, food and drinks and whatever else I can think of.  My experience on Sundays is that there are lots of locals and their kids which we really enjoy.  Last time we were there I didn’t notice any increase in noise from next door.  Blue Key has always been our favorite  place on the malecon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Hey legs, we’ll be there a week from today.  I’ll report back on the water, sargassum, noise, cost of entry, food and drinks and whatever else I can think of.  My experience on Sundays is that there are lots of locals and their kids which we really enjoy.  Last time we were there I didn’t notice any increase in noise from next door.  Blue Key has always been our favorite  place on the malecon.  

 

Thanks look forward to any updates.

 

We will be there in June with young child and would like to check on current pricing. Also who is running Snr Frogs now - seems a big mystery whether it is the Jungle break sold at the port?

 

i know Sargassum can change week in/week out. We were in Costa Maya in December and all was fine - returned in February and was beginning to get bad again just like last year. However Maya Chan webcam has looked better again recently so hopefully it has improved again. Enjoy your day. Sunday is always a fun family day for the locals in Mexico!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...