Legend TA Barcelona to Tampa

cellfree

We just booked Legend's TA westward last night, great rates, just happened to come across it on-line when browsing, emailed PVP immediately, so excited.  Did the TA on the Horizon in May, our first, and thoroughly enjoyed it, time passed incredibly quickly.  (I just read the Posts on the Legend Transatlantic but believe most of them are referring to the eastbound itinerary.)  Anyone else booked the cruise out of Barcelona for Tampa October 2020?

We booked this cruise today.  Cancelled our June 11th 13 night cruise on the Radiance for this one ending in Tampa.  So we will be there with you.  Plan to fly in 2 or 3 days early just to be a tourist and then 16 nights back to the US.  Oh Yeah.  Not sure what upgrades are on the Legend since it has been a while since we've sailed on her.

10 hours ago, HenanSan said:

We booked this cruise today.  Cancelled our June 11th 13 night cruise on the Radiance for this one ending in Tampa.  So we will be there with you.  Plan to fly in 2 or 3 days early just to be a tourist and then 16 nights back to the US.  Oh Yeah.  Not sure what upgrades are on the Legend since it has been a while since we've sailed on her.

We did the exact same thing, cancelled Radiance and changed to this TA. I love Spirit class ships and prefer TAs that end up back in the US. Much easier on adjusting to time zone changes. We live in Ft. Myers, so this brings us close to home!

Pat

Me, three!

Haven't sailed Legend but have sailed Pride and Miracle and also love that class ship.  It's one of the reasons I've enjoyed my HAL sailings.  There ships are a lot like Spirit class.  Had been seriously wanting to book the Journeys sailing on her next fall but this TA is about the same price as a solo in a "better" cabin.  At least, it's a cabin I've been wanting to try (a 4K French door), which wasn't available on the Journeys sailing.

I only have 2 years to have a look at the deck plans.  When I was looking for the cabin I wanted (I use cruisedeckplans dot com for their "drag decks" feature to be sure I'm not over or under a noisy venue), it looks pretty much just like Pride when I sailed her a couple of years ago.

• 3 months later...

cellfree, 

You were on the Magic with us in January. I saw you signed up for the M&M on the Legend TA from Barcelona and also here on this page. We have a Roll Call going for the TA. Many people have combined it with the October 20 sailing from Venice to Barcelona to make it B2B.

Come on over and check out the Roll Call. I created a spreadsheet for the B2B to help organize activities. Hope to hear from you!

Jim and Pam

Still deciding about the Venice to Barcelona “leg.” Our PVP did suggest it. Either way will see you guys on Legend in 2020. (Cruising Conquest In November - making it a Side-to-Side - following with MSC Meraviglia.)

We are looking at doing a TA on Royal Caribbean from Tampa to Barcelona in May 2020 and returning to Tampa on the Legend in Oct. 2020 and spending the summer on the coast near Barcelona. Already found a great apartment at an affordable price. We have friends who live in Barcelona and they will check out the apartment for us because the price is so low. We live 45 minutes from the Port of Tampa so we can easily get a ride to and from the Port. One of the stumbling blocks is finding a cat sitter for all those months! Still mulling the idea, but it would be a trip of a lifetime.

Djptcp,

A few months in Spain sounds awesome! Hope it works out for you! At this time, we are planning to stay only a week in Croatia before getting on board in Venice but we might also go earlier and spend another week in Germany. We'll see how things develop. There is a lot of time to plan!

Maybe we'll see you on board in October!

Edited by seeriteR

This cruise sounds very interesting.  I looked at it, but I wish to know about airfare.  How do I check for airfare through Carnival on the website?  Do I have to be registered for the cruise first?  Where do I look?

thanks

On 3/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, georgiacat said:

This cruise sounds very interesting.  I looked at it, but I wish to know about airfare.  How do I check for airfare through Carnival on the website?  Do I have to be registered for the cruise first?  Where do I look?

thanks

georgiacat, you can find information on the Carnival web site. Here is a link for the Fly2Fun page https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3110/~/carnivals-fly2fun-air-program 

Do you think they will offer this sailing again in the fall of 2021?  If so, I am planning on doing it for sure. I am just not sure if Carnival is going to continue to have a presence in Europe or not.  I remember Duffy saying they were not going to and then they pretty much sent the Legend there almost immediately. 

We have used VRBO in the US, but not in Europe and that's why we would have our friends in Barcelona check out that apartment first before we committed. It's a ridiculously low price per night and sounds too good to be true. Actually, many of the VRBO rentals in Spain were sooooo cheap. If the apartment doesn't work out, we may go over on Cunard to England a month before the return to Tampa from Barcelona and work our way down to Barcelona.  I can't fly anymore because I had two blood clots 4 years ago and am not willing to try long flights anymore. Have a great time in Croatia - we had friends who vacationed there a few years ago and had a wonderful time.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:04 PM, cellfree said:

We just booked Legend's TA westward last night, great rates, just happened to come across it on-line when browsing, emailed PVP immediately, so excited.  Did the TA on the Horizon in May, our first, and thoroughly enjoyed it, time passed incredibly quickly.  (I just read the Posts on the Legend Transatlantic but believe most of them are referring to the eastbound itinerary.)  Anyone else booked the cruise out of Barcelona for Tampa October 2020?

We're doing the TA on the way over that year, Eastbound in June 2020. Have fun!