VT Living On The Edge Review: Hits, Misses and A Little Drama!

vtcruising

Did not know where to post this,....but your Cabin Sticky thread is  very successful...posts with  photos are  very helpful.

I can now see that the color is really not all dull gray,,and goes nice with the carpet.. too many pillows for sure!

. Congrats on another wonderful project ...for the benefit of us all.

23 hours ago, vtcruising said:

So, I think this is a work in progress. Some people in my roll call went the next day and they opened up the ends for everyone to walk through per the Hotel Manager. The people who paid $400 were very unhappy to have people sitting on the chairs that went with their cabana, etc. (and embarrassing for those people to be asked to get off from them since they didn't know). I don't know what they will finally do about this - unfortunately they didn't design a good alternate pathway on that side so that it wouldn't be inconvenient for people to be re-routed. The people who rented it went up the chain and were happy with the resolution so they may be back to blocking off the ends again.

When we arrived there was a sign with our name on the table in number 1. We swapped since no one had number 2 and we wanted a little more privacy. They were available to us for 9 AM to 6 PM. I believe the cabana butler was available until 6 PM. Maike left around 3:30 to work in his restaurant (RTG) and another person introduced themselves as taking over. Tatiana, who was in charge, was around the whole day. We left around 4 or so and she said that it was still ours until 6 so to come back, if we wished.

Thanks so much.  It appears that Celebrity may need to implement some sort of signage indicating that the chairs across from your cabana by the railing are reserved for cabana guests only to prevent people making themselves at home when they walk by …

• Like 1

Thanks for this summation – my memory was getting confused from all the posts and pictures in your live from thread, so it's great to have it all in one well-organized post!

One question that someone raised in another thread:  will the main restaurants (the four MDRs, Blu and Luminae) follow the traditional rotation among 14 different menus?

26 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks for this summation – my memory was getting confused from all the posts and pictures in your live from thread, so it's great to have it all in one well-organized post!

One question that someone raised in another thread:  will the main restaurants (the four MDRs, Blu and Luminae) follow the traditional rotation among 14 different menus?

This is the way I answered it on the other thread who had heard they had repeated some nights:

The way I look at the MDR menus is as follows:

All 4 restaurants have the same 14 day rotation of menus like they always have (Celebrity Signature 14 day menu). All four restaurants have the every day favorites (Classics - Caesar salad, escargot, etc.) - the same every day in all four restaurants-  the same as usual. So, just the same as always, except you get an additional 6 items specific to each restaurant that don't change (Exclusives). So, we all  get the same choices as usual, though get an additional 24 items to choose from if you eat in all 4 MDRs (6 new regional items in each of 4 MDRs). I had dinner in Cyprus and it was like dining in a specialty - the food, service and ambiance were excellent

So far, there have only been 2 and 3 night cruises so yes, there may have been some repeats? I know I was on 3 of those and there were repeats in Luminae, but they were different cruises so I didn't count it against them. Also, the apps are not necessarily accurate at this time, so don't go by that.  Now that we have our first 7 night cruise underway, we will see for sure if they cycle through 7 different menus for dinner (Celebrity Signature 14 day menu that is the same in all MDRs). I am quite sure that if they want to stay in business, they will do so!🙂

Hi,

Many, many thanks for the review and this thread. It has been a pleasure to share this journey with you --- all the way from the polar bear and Mr Edge when leaving St Nazaire and the excitement of that day....

I am sure that Edge will not be perfect (no ship is) and, though we are a little 'edgy' (sorry) about our choice of cabin (IV) we just know that we will have a great time.

So pleased they looked after you re your injury --- 8 stitches ! OUCH! AND you still kept posting on here to help us all re our questions. Hope we meet one day on an Edge cruise ...... we leave Rome on the 19th August ;-) x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This is the way I answered it on the other thread who had heard they had repeated some nights:

The way I look at the MDR menus is as follows:

All 4 restaurants have the same 14 day rotation of menus like they always have (Celebrity Signature 14 day menu). All four restaurants have the every day favorites (Classics - Caesar salad, escargot, etc.) - the same every day in all four restaurants-  the same as usual. So, just the same as always, except you get an additional 6 items specific to each restaurant that don't change (Exclusives). So, we all  get the same choices as usual, though get an additional 24 items to choose from if you eat in all 4 MDRs (6 new regional items in each of 4 MDRs). I had dinner in Cyprus and it was like dining in a specialty - the food, service and ambiance were excellent

So far, there have only been 2 and 3 night cruises so yes, there may have been some repeats? I know I was on 3 of those and there were repeats in Luminae, but they were different cruises so I didn't count it against them. Also, the apps are not necessarily accurate at this time, so don't go by that.  Now that we have our first 7 night cruise underway, we will see for sure if they cycle through 7 different menus for dinner (Celebrity Signature 14 day menu that is the same in all MDRs). I am quite sure that if they want to stay in business, they will do so!🙂

Sorry, just reread your question and saw Luminae and Blu also - I haven't heard specifically about those, but suspect they would rotate the menus as they do on other ships. 🙂

6 hours ago, hcat said:

Did not know where to post this,....but your Cabin Sticky thread is  very successful...posts with  photos are  very helpful.

I can now see that the color is really not all dull gray,,and goes nice with the carpet.. too many pillows for sure!

. Congrats on another wonderful project ...for the benefit of us all.

Thanks! I hope we can get a lot of people to review their cabins! It is great to see all the pictures. I think the ones with obstructed views will especially be helpful.

One of the people in my roll call was in a panoramic ocean view on 6 and was not happy with the view of the life boat she had (and the davit next door that obstructed her view to the left). If she had known ahead of time, she could have made a choice, or at least be prepared.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Mike (MVPinBoynton) THANK YOU! for sharing your wonderful Edge Review!  Thanks to your DW, too, for helping!  I hope your next Edge cruise is perfect and that you get time to enjoy it!

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

Thanks Barbara.  We will both enjoy the Edge much more at a leisurely pace.  I would enjoy it even more if the drinks were all free like on the 2-day and I was in a suite again. :classic_biggrin:   But I saved enough by booking early when no perks were provided to be able justify some Martinis.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven’t seen any photos of a basic inside cabin, but will be sure to take some on our 1/6 Western. Traveling as Elite (RCCL Diamond) with no drink package (we’re not really drinkers) so we’re going to challenge ourselves to utilize every Elite perk available and see how it goes. I love a good challenge! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Betsynh said:

I haven’t seen any photos of a basic inside cabin, but will be sure to take some on our 1/6 Western. Traveling as Elite (RCCL Diamond) with no drink package (we’re not really drinkers) so we’re going to challenge ourselves to utilize every Elite perk available and see how it goes. I love a good challenge! 

Good for you! Can't wait to see your cabin pictures!

You should start a thread and share tips and secrets for living well on the Edge without spending a fortune! 🙂

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Good for you! Can't wait to see your cabin pictures!

You should start a thread and share tips and secrets for living well on the Edge without spending a fortune! 🙂

That’s a brilliant idea! I love to share insider tips with people. My favorites were on how to maximize your non-alcohol drink package to get your money’s worth on RCCL and using the Flowrider (hubby’s favorite). Will see what I can come up with for the Edge. 😂

• Like 1