Can't Post

You cant and as far as I am aware never have been able to send PMs on cruise critic.  There must be at least 10 recent threads on this forum asking the same/similar question- did you not look before posting?

Edited by Aulanis

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 1:25 AM, Globaliser said:

Sorry, I could only easily find nine new threads started about this question (although the question has popped up inside other threads:-

Then the user-facing tools that suggest this is a "feature" should be disabled.  Simple.

2 hours ago, ChicagoDude said:

Then the user-facing tools that suggest this is a "feature" should be disabled.  Simple.

While the feature is disabled for the vast majority it is employed by CC staff to communicate with users. Which is why you see the icon. Without it, one could not read messages received.

7 hours ago, ChicagoDude said:

Probably more an indication that the following words at the top of the Help forum aren't yet sufficiently big or bold: "Also, your question may have been asked by other members and answered -- please browse those as well."

9 hours ago, onthebalcony said:

I can post in Azamara and Solstice roll calls but not for Celebrity Reflection.  Very odd!!!  I don't understand your note!  How do I get Admin to change this roll call problem?  

Thanks!

You are using terms in a manner that causes confusion. The term "message" generally means an email / email like note to a particular user. I believe you are using the term to describe content items in a thread more commonly called posts. Messages are "sent", posts are "posted".

If you are having trouble posting in a particular thread but not others what exactly happens when you click on Submit Reply?

Edited by broberts

I am trying to post a message.  I just tried again in the Celebrity Reflection roll call of Nov. 5 and posting saves but doesn't post.  It appears there are others in the website having the same problem!!

Thanks for all the right wording.  Sorry for the confusion!

Happy New Year!

10 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

Ok, I click on Submit Reply after typing up my post and then it showings Saving.  It never posts.  

We explored this yesterday on your separate thread about this.  Unfortunately, none of us was able to replicate that problem on your Roll Call (I was able to post on your Roll Call, for example).    Given that, I do think it would be a good idea for you to email the Help Desk directly and explain your problem (but first I would clear the cookies for the Cruise Critic site, as we suggested yesterday; it sounds like something is hanging up for you):

help@cruisecritic.com

Good luck!