Kudos to NCL!

trician24

My family and I cruised on the Getaway on the November 25th sailing.  We had a 2 BR suite and booked this room for the space and the fact it has the most amazing master bathroom.  We were very disheartened to see that the huge picture window in the master bathroom was damaged.  It had a seal broken and the whole window was filled with condensation and foggy.  We were told it was replaced a few weeks prior but must have been installed wrong.  A new window takes 6 months to order so no quick fix.  We also had a leak coming from the shower that would periodically get the floor wet even after maintenance came to fix it.  We were able to receive a small compensation in the form of OBC while on board.  The Haven staff directed us to fill out an online complaint once home.  We aren't the type to normally complain and do this sort of thing but with the price of the 2 BR suite we felt the room was not up to par and it was justified.  Plus we looked forward to that ocean view since we had the same room on the Epic earlier in the year.  We finally heard back from NCL today and were shocked with the compensation they gave us!  After reading so many negative reviews it is great to see NCL come around and do the right thing.  Looking forward to our next NCL Haven cruise in 2019!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trician24 said:

My family and I cruised on the Getaway on the November 25th sailing.  We had a 2 BR suite and booked this room for the space and the fact it has the most amazing master bathroom.  We were very disheartened to see that the huge picture window in the master bathroom was damaged.  It had a seal broken and the whole window was filled with condensation and foggy.  We were told it was replaced a few weeks prior but must have been installed wrong.  A new window takes 6 months to order so no quick fix.  We also had a leak coming from the shower that would periodically get the floor wet even after maintenance came to fix it.  We were able to receive a small compensation in the form of OBC while on board.  The Haven staff directed us to fill out an online complaint once home.  We aren't the type to normally complain and do this sort of thing but with the price of the 2 BR suite we felt the room was not up to par and it was justified.  Plus we looked forward to that ocean view since we had the same room on the Epic earlier in the year.  We finally heard back from NCL today and were shocked with the compensation they gave us!  After reading so many negative reviews it is great to see NCL come around and do the right thing.  Looking forward to our next NCL Haven cruise in 2019!!!

Thanks, it is always good to hear positives about anything. We all expect to have positive results so often forget to pass them along, but negatives are the ones that everyone remembers. I have a feeling there are more stories like yours to be told, especially if the situation is handled with respect and dignity. .

18 hours ago, trician24 said:

May I ask which room #? we are in one of these suites in april and I would love to change rooms now if possible. TIA

We were in 16108.  We loved the location as it was so close to the pool and easy to access once you entered the Haven.  We loved the suite other than the issue.  Maybe it will be fixed sooner than we were told...hopefully for others! 

6 minutes ago, trician24 said:

We were in 16108.  We loved the location as it was so close to the pool and easy to access once you entered the Haven.  We loved the suite other than the issue.  Maybe it will be fixed sooner than we were told...hopefully for others! 

Thanks

16114, 3 rooms down from where you are so we know know the location is good :D

glad you got a happy resolution