Rhapsody TA ending in PC?

John&LaLa

21 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

DH works part-time for the cruise lines at the Port of Tampa and he worked on Sat. The Rhapsody docked at Port Canaveral due to technical issues. The Sunshine Bridge was open and the Carnival Miracle was two hours late docking at Tampa on Sat.  because of some construction at the bridge not because of weather. 40+ buses were sent with new Rhapsody passengers and their luggage to Port Canaveral and to bring the debarking passengers and their luggage back to Tampa. Some personnel were sent with the buses to Port Canaveral to help with embarkation. 

So, your telling me that beginning on Thursday afternoon (a full day and a half before our arrival back in Florida), Jim VanFleet, the RCL weatherman began recording bogus weather forecasts for Rhapsody passengers to cover up "technical issues".  And then, the 4-5 meter seas we sailed through all day Friday/Friday night, and the worry expressed by the Captain during announcements regarding an uncomfortable and dangerous passage through the Florida Straits into the Gulf of Mexico was imaginary or made up?  I don't think so. 

We all (the actual Rhapsody passengers) know that Royal did a great job surveying guests needs and then had dozens of busses ready and waiting before 6AM to take departing guests to Orlando airport, Tampa airport, or the Port of Tampa.  Those busses then returned to Port Canaveral with new passengers from the Port of Tampa.  It was all well organized and expertly handled.  I cannot think of one thing they could have done better, and believe me, I am not a RCL cheerleader by any means.

2 hours ago, charlielinda said:

I know that the Sky Bridge was closed on Friday from at least 9:00 am until 5:00 pm 

Yes, the bridge was closed due to high winds and dangerous conditions, the same reasons RCL made the decision to end our cruise at Port Canaveral instead of a Tampa. Nothing to do with "technical issues".

We were on the Rhapsody and had a 1pm flight, we were off the ship by 6:40 and the bus was loaded and on its way to Tampa Airport at 7:02. They dropped us off at the airport at 9:10 which was much earlier then we ever expected. They had snacks and water as you exited the terminal in PC and the ride was smooth. I believe they did an amazing job in organizing all of this in such a short time. Royal did a great job!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, robandana said:

We were on the Rhapsody and had a 1pm flight, we were off the ship by 6:40 and the bus was loaded and on its way to Tampa Airport at 7:02. They dropped us off at the airport at 9:10 which was much earlier then we ever expected. They had snacks and water as you exited the terminal in PC and the ride was smooth. I believe they did an amazing job in organizing all of this in such a short time. Royal did a great job!

Thanks for the feedback - glad it all worked out for you.

10 hours ago, Djptcp said:

DH works part-time for the cruise lines at the Port of Tampa and he worked on Sat. The Rhapsody docked at Port Canaveral due to technical issues. The Sunshine Bridge was open and the Carnival Miracle was two hours late docking at Tampa on Sat.  because of some construction at the bridge not because of weather. 40+ buses were sent with new Rhapsody passengers and their luggage to Port Canaveral and to bring the debarking passengers and their luggage back to Tampa. Some personnel were sent with the buses to Port Canaveral to help with embarkation. 

We were passengers on Rhapsody, and live near the Port of Tampa. I don't believe this information to be correct at all. There were no "technical issues" on the ship, the seas were rough and the swells in the Gulf would have made for a very unpleasant passage. The Sunshine Bridge actually was closed on Friday due to high winds. I wouldn't think that Royal would go to all the trouble of recording fake weather forecasts in order to change our disembarkation port. If the change was due to a "technical issue" why would they feel the need to cover that up? 

Our disembarkation from the ship was well organized. The passengers were bused to either the Port of Tampa, Tampa Airport, or Orlando Airport. After the buses dropped us off, they then picked up the embarking passengers in Tampa and bused them to the ship in Port Canaveral. We boarded the bus to Tampa at 6:45 AM, and arrived at Tampa Airport before 9:15.  

• Like 2