Rhapsody TA ending in PC?

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Some folks may miss their flight from Tampa if they don't leave pretty early - figure some of those buses will go from PC straight to TPA.

Supposed to arrive 4:30 and start getting off at 6:30.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I messed up when I said New Orleans.  I mixed up Rhapsody with a Vision.

Wow, that will be a lot of busses, I would think a later departure to allow for those arriving by air close to check in t8me in Tampa.

Boarding at 3pm, I heard

We are currently on Rhapsody.  John is correct about complimentary buses to either the Port of Tampa, TPA, or MCO. If you need to reschedule your flight and booked through Air2Sea, they will secure new flights for you. If you booked on your own, they will cover your air change fees up to $200 for domestic and $400 for international. The phones at the Shore Excursions desk have been made available to communicate with family or to make the necessary travel arrangements. 

We live near the Port of Tampa so will now have a longer ride home. Although this is not as convenient,  we're lucky that we don't have air travel that was impacted like many others on the ship.

Supposed to sail Rhapsody out of Tampa, leaving Saturday, 12/22. Received this message around 5:30 pm this evening:

“S: Update for your Rhapsody of the Seas Dec. 22nd Royal Caribbean cruise!
We've been tracking a winter storm and as a result of severe weather, we've changed our departure port. We'll now set sail from Port Canaveral, Florida, instead of Tampa, Florida on Dec. 22nd, and have extended our time in Key West. We will be providing complimentary transportation to Port Canaveral from Tampa. Please check your email for additional details. We are terribly sorry for this unexpected change. If you have questions, contact us at (866) 506-7245, or (888) 281-9344 if you booked through a travel partner. As always, your safety and comfort during your holiday cruise remain our top priority.”

Coming from Jacksonville, this at first sounded great! But then rereading it and looking at the updated itinerary, I’m not sure what we are going to do. Driving Jax to PC is easy and a straight how, but then how do we get back to PC? We called RCI and they basically told us we are on our on once the cruise returned and we got back to Tampa. Driving Jax to Tampa, leaving the car in Tampa only to take a shuttle bus back to PC isn’t ideal, especially since we have my 91 year old grandfather with us.

I really didn’t appreciate RCI attitude when we called though. It made me angry. While I realize they can’t control the weather, the $25 on board credit is almost a slap in the face. Car rentals from Tampa to PC are at least $150. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Frostyliz said:

P.S. why did they refer to it as a “winter storm?” It’s not going to snow, is it?

Winter storms just don't produce snow.  They affect warmer climes with winds and severe storms.  Depends on where the storms track.  If they track south, then you get what is happening now.

59 minutes ago, Frostyliz said:

Supposed to sail Rhapsody out of Tampa, leaving Saturday, 12/22. Received this message around 5:30 pm this evening:

“S: Update for your Rhapsody of the Seas Dec. 22nd Royal Caribbean cruise!
We've been tracking a winter storm and as a result of severe weather, we've changed our departure port. We'll now set sail from Port Canaveral, Florida, instead of Tampa, Florida on Dec. 22nd, and have extended our time in Key West. We will be providing complimentary transportation to Port Canaveral from Tampa. Please check your email for additional details. We are terribly sorry for this unexpected change. If you have questions, contact us at (866) 506-7245, or (888) 281-9344 if you booked through a travel partner. As always, your safety and comfort during your holiday cruise remain our top priority.”

Coming from Jacksonville, this at first sounded great! But then rereading it and looking at the updated itinerary, I’m not sure what we are going to do. Driving Jax to PC is easy and a straight how, but then how do we get back to PC? We called RCI and they basically told us we are on our on once the cruise returned and we got back to Tampa. Driving Jax to Tampa, leaving the car in Tampa only to take a shuttle bus back to PC isn’t ideal, especially since we have my 91 year old grandfather with us.

I really didn’t appreciate RCI attitude when we called though. It made me angry. While I realize they can’t control the weather, the $25 on board credit is almost a slap in the face. Car rentals from Tampa to PC are at least $150. 

I originally had one reserved for that day and it was $193

It is so sad to California people when Florida people have problems with their cruise port arrivals/departure/driving issues within the same state. And I am being sarcastic and just kidding.  :classic_tongue::classic_tongue: And yes. I hope that it works out for you and you can figure out how to traverse the state. It is an awkward arrangement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is so sad to California people when Florida people have problems with their cruise port arrivals/departure/driving issues within the same state. And I am being sarcastic and just kidding.  :classic_tongue::classic_tongue: And yes. I hope that it works out for you and you can figure out how to traverse the state. It is an awkward arrangement. 

...Merry Christmas to you too. 

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Not for everyone 😉

9 hours ago, Frostyliz said:

P.S. why did they refer to it as a “winter storm?” It’s not going to snow, is it?

Watched Tampa news last eve and there were "severe" wind storms and tornadoes throughout the state yesterday.  The trees outside my windows are swinging and swaying and we had heavy rain all day yesterday.  Much damage south of Tampa yesterday.