RCI transport from cruise ship to airport-Copenhagen

4774Papa

Does RCI offer transport from the cruise ship to airport ? We will be departing our ship on 20 June 2019.  Taxis are expensive in Copenhagen and I know getting to the airport on mass transit can be a pain schlepping luggage.

9 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Does RCI offer transport from the cruise ship to airport ? We will be departing our ship on 20 June 2019.  Taxis are expensive in Copenhagen and I know getting to the airport on mass transit can be a pain schlepping luggage.

They did on Serenade a few years ago but we had pre-booked limo transfers pre and post cruise at a reasonable price so didn't need to use other transfers.

There were numerous taxis outside though like most European ports.

Since I wanted to see a bit of Cpoenhagen, I took one of the post cruise tours that ended at the airport.  I actually stayed at a hotel at the airport so I could easily board my plane the next day.  As others have mentioned, there is a train station there that can be used to get downtown and do more exploring.

42 minutes ago, vickiw0318 said:

Since I wanted to see a bit of Cpoenhagen, I took one of the post cruise tours that ended at the airport.  I actually stayed at a hotel at the airport so I could easily board my plane the next day.  As others have mentioned, there is a train station there that can be used to get downtown and do more exploring.

We did this tour also.  It was one of the best tours we have taken.  It drops you at the airport at the conclusion of the tour.  If not flying out that day the Hilton has a hotel right across the street.  The next day you can just cross the street and your at the airport!

We did some shopping at the airport also!  Food in the airport is a bit more reasonable then some of the outside restaurants! Copenhagen is very expensive. But a beautiful city.  Must see!  Enjoy!

Copenhagen is expensive.  One thing to look into is the Copenhagen card if you will be there for a few days. We flew in 2 days early to look around. There is a lot to see.  You can pick how many hours you want the card.  For example 48 hours.  It gets you into several of the palaces, a canal tour, some transportation etc.  Well worth the price.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:32 AM, Saab4444 said:

The train station Oesterport is nearby and there is an express train to the airport from there, easy!

I would not call the train station close. However the bus stop is near ship and you can take the bus to central station. 

18 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I would not call the train station close. However the bus stop is near ship and you can take the bus to central station. 

I did not talk about Central Station but it is always fun to see that Americans even correct you for advice regarding your home turf.