Command removable hooks

Wayfairers

6 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

Has anyone used the Command removable hooks in their HAL room?   Did they work ok?

Yes. Our Christmas lights and garland are on Command hooks. I'm using the small, clear 4-10 lb hooks to hold the light strand, garland, and as mount for Poohby Joe photo opportunities. 

IMG_20181218_181238.jpg-823875339_PerfectlyClear.jpg.5ad8ab7fbbbbd0345d0eb23d25c7e994.jpg

We have some fairly heavy art mounted on Command hooks at home. Just practice removal before you use them. It's pretty simple, but if you mess up the removal process, you could damage the wall. 

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

We've used rare earth magnetic hooks with great success for a number of years. I have never tried the sticky Command hooks, but I can't see why they wouldn't work.

Are the walls magnetic?! That would be fantastic, I have three magnet hangers I could bring. I often use them on door hinges in hotels but hadn’t thought about on the ship. I’ll be on Eurodam.

4 hours ago, faerievert said:

Are the walls magnetic?! That would be fantastic, I have three magnet hangers I could bring. I often use them on door hinges in hotels but hadn’t thought about on the ship. I’ll be on Eurodam.

We use magnets to hang maps etc. and my dh baseball caps. Most ships have some metal walls.

5 hours ago, faerievert said:

Not only will the walls hold magnets, but the ceilings too. Great for hanging something that is still a little bit damp by the air conditioning vent. We carry 9 magnets and usually find a use for all of them.

24yo6mw.jpg 

• Like 2

Do you know if the ceiling is magnetic, too? I have some that are waaaay stronger when mounted vertically (Max 30 vs 10). Would love to hang one on the ceiling to hold a couple hangers of stuff against the wall without worrying about overloading under less than ideal “stick” conditions or knocking it down with a casual bump. 

5 hours ago, faerievert said:

Do you know if the ceiling is magnetic, too? I have some that are waaaay stronger when mounted vertically (Max 30 vs 10). Would love to hang one on the ceiling to hold a couple hangers of stuff against the wall without worrying about overloading under less than ideal “stick” conditions or knocking it down with a casual bump. 

See post #10 above

7 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

If you are buying magnets be sure to get heavy duty ones.  The regular ones just slid down the wall in my cabin on Amsterdam.  I have used regular magnets on other ships but you might as well buy the heavy duty ones.

Yes, very strong magnets. The Amsterdam was tricky.  There were certain places the magnets wouldn't hold at all and others were fine. Lucky for me I had 7 weeks to figure it out!

Cheers, Denise