Love the Planning

charlielinda

9 hours ago, zdad59 said:

I love doing it.    MY gang calls me THE PRINCE OF PLANNING.     I really enjoy doing the research.

Attached it a copy of our itinerary for our upcoming cruise in February.     Each couple gets a laminated version to put up in their cabin, and I also make a pocket sized one for folks to carry in their pocket.

Enjoy the planning.   I sure do.

Itinerary.pdf

Dang, that takes it to a new level.

12 hours ago, zdad59 said:

I love doing it.    MY gang calls me THE PRINCE OF PLANNING.     I really enjoy doing the research.

Attached it a copy of our itinerary for our upcoming cruise in February.     Each couple gets a laminated version to put up in their cabin, and I also make a pocket sized one for folks to carry in their pocket.

Enjoy the planning.   I sure do.

Itinerary.pdf

You are a true planner!  I spent 30 years as a protocol officer so all our cruise friends expect that I’ll insist on the planning...nope, I’m there to relax, whatever is planned we’ll  roll with, or do something on our own.  Glad you enjoy doing it, your itinerary is impressive 

Nope. Not really LOVING the planning. I do it because I want to maximize our enjoyment while actually on the trip; but the novelty of having to deep dive into researching every aspect months in advance wore off many years ago. It is work. But it is worthwhile work,  in that it pays off in the long run.  If I could find someone (who I trusted to know our preferences) to do it for me, I would. 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

You are a true planner!  I spent 30 years as a protocol officer so all our cruise friends expect that I’ll insist on the planning...nope, I’m there to relax, whatever is planned we’ll  roll with, or do something on our own.  Glad you enjoy doing it, your itinerary is impressive 

110% agree with the "I'm there to relax".   That's why I do it.    When its time to get on the plane and fly to my cruise port, I can relax knowing everything has been considered and taken care of.     The vacation week is totally relaxing that way for me.   As someone else also said, all this planning also helps me get into a vacation kind of mind set well before the actual trip, and that helps too.

BTW.....I have an Excel template of my itinerary file.    PM me and I can shoot you one in a e-mail.    Or I can simply post it here, but not sure if that becomes downloadable.

Edited by zdad59