Waitlist an Excursion???

Thrak

My wife wants to do an excursion in Alaska during the land portion of our cruise tour next May. However, the excursion is showing as "sold out". Is there a way to wait list an excursion? The excursion is from the Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge if it makes a difference.

I waitlisted an excursion in Alaska, but I was not fortunate enough to get on it.  I booked an alternate excursion, fortunately, but I was right, the one I wanted (but could not get) was much better.

Sometimes, the Excursion Desk can add another bus if there are enough people waitlisted.

Don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.  It was way easy for me.  I just went to the excursion I wanted.  And, even though it was listed as sold out, I check the boxes for my name and my husbands that I wanted the excursion.  Then the screen showed that we were waitlisted and Princess would notify us by email if the excursion became available for us.  The message also said we would have 24 hours thereafter to book and pay for the excursion.  Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Regan said:

Don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.  It was way easy for me.  I just went to the excursion I wanted.  And, even though it was listed as sold out, I check the boxes for my name and my husbands that I wanted the excursion.  Then the screen showed that we were waitlisted and Princess would notify us by email if the excursion became available for us.  The message also said we would have 24 hours thereafter to book and pay for the excursion.  Hope this helps.

Thanks but it doesn't work. There are no check boxes and the "Book Now" button has a red circle with a line through it when I place the cursor on it. I'll see if my TA can get me on a wait list.

image.png.d811f8eaacdaef9735c5a505ae45e8b8.png

image.png

Easiest way for Princess Lodges is contact the excursion desk at the lodge.  They sell a lot of excursions that are not part of the cruise tour.  Not sure who handles bookings in the winter when lodge and desk are closed, though.

I recently wanted to book a tour that showed it was sold out.

I checked everyday until I saw one of the time slots no longer showed ‘sold out’ and I was able to check my name (my name had always appeared but I was unable to check it). I was then advised that if a position became available I would receive an email and I would have 48 hours to pay for the excursion. I’m still waiting for my email 🤞