11:45 flight from Rome?

Piper77

Expert thoughts on if this is too early (11:45 flight ) to get from the port to FCO?  We will just have carry on and do self disembark (have done it before, so have no issues)

I've flown before at 1:45 and we were able to use a shuttle bus for around 20 euros.  Realize we will likely need to arrange private transport to make it this early, but can we make it based on your past experience?  It's an international flight to Canada.

I've called Royal and they charge $93 CAD per person, but was on hold forever and got disconnected while she was trying to find the times for me.  At that price, private transfer is about the same cost for me.

Appreciate all input!

What time can you get off the ship.  We have gone out of FCO four times.  Two of those times it was a large crowd getting to the security line (with no line, just people pushing).  Being at the airport 2 - 3 hours in advance is probably a good choice.

Itinerary says we arrive at 5:00. So even with travel we should be okay to make it to the airport by 8:45 (that'd be 3 hours before) - I thin(?) I've never done private transfer before, but assume someone would be willing to come get us as early as possible! 

Arrival at 5:00 am doesn't necessarily mean the ship will be cleared that early. 

That said, if you are going to self-disembark and if you plan to arrange private transportation, I consider an 11:45 am flight to be doable without an undue amount of risk. Count on an hour of transport time. I'd arrange a pick-up for 7:30 am.

Making that flight would be no problem if your ship docks by 6.  Personally, we prefer to arrange for a private transfer from Romecabs.com but there are other options.  The drive from the Port to FCO is less then an hour.

Hank

I'm cruising on the Jewel from Civitavecchia and using Royal transfer (travelling solo so it's the cheapest option). Based on your post and reference to CAD, I'm guessing you may be thinking about the 11:45am FCO to Toronto flight (that's the flight I'm taking).  My travel agent called Royal and they said I would be ok using Royal transfer to catch that flight (my  Travel Agent didn't say anything about needing to do self-disembark, but I'll check and see if she can find out).

On 12/30/2018 at 7:56 PM, cruzgryphon said:

I'm cruising on the Jewel from Civitavecchia and using Royal transfer (travelling solo so it's the cheapest option). Based on your post and reference to CAD, I'm guessing you may be thinking about the 11:45am FCO to Toronto flight (that's the flight I'm taking).  My travel agent called Royal and they said I would be ok using Royal transfer to catch that flight (my  Travel Agent didn't say anything about needing to do self-disembark, but I'll check and see if she can find out).

Yes - that's the flight!  I had called Royal but at the time the agent couldn't find out the times for me.  We are doing the Jewel as well - what sailing are you on?

20 hours ago, Piper77 said:

Yes - that's the flight!  I had called Royal but at the time the agent couldn't find out the times for me.  We are doing the Jewel as well - what sailing are you on?

I'm doing the June 23rd Greek Islands cruise. How about yourself?