Latest NCL offer

Shidah

We have sailed on NCL many times and I always, always, always, watch fares and promos in search of a better deal.  For almost every cruise I have been able to sweeten it for us in one way or another; either a promo for OBC became available, taxes were waived for guests 1 & 2, the overall price dropped, etc.

I probably look every few days and do a "mock booking" compared to our existing booking to see if there is any significant benefit.  Once I noticed that $140 of OBC was offered as a promo for new bookings but after doing the mock booking our fare went up over $300 so it wasn't worth it.  Another time, when ultimate beverage package was being rolled out as a promo, I was able to take advantage of that and get that promo in addition to an overall price drop so that was a score of almost $1,800 total.

Changing an existing booking does require that you cancel the initial booking and then book a new reservation to get the new offers or lower fare, whichever the case may be.  Keep in mind that if there are latitudes bonuses attached to that initial booking (like extra points for booking 9+ months out) you will lose those.

I agree somewhat that the promos and price drops are a bit of a shell game controlled by the cruise line, but there are some great deals to be had if you can keep your thumb on the pulse of what they are offering.

We just noticed that in Feb '21 the Epic is sailing out of San Juan to the A-B-C islands (bucket list ports) during the school vacation here in the northeast and they are offering free guests 3 & 4 so we jumped on that.  We also modified our existing reservation for Feb '20 to now include free guests 3 & 4 which saved us about $550 total.  

Happy sailing!

14 hours ago, rwf1 said:

Thanks for this info!  I assumed they wouldn't add that promo to an existing reservation.  I am going to try it!

14 hours ago, rwf1 said:

So, if you don't need the free air fare, do you get a discount added to your reservation?  I think they used to do that but stopped with the most recent promos.

They wont add it to an existing reservation. They will cancel and book with the latest price and promotions (which has been discussed above as potentially good or potentially bad). 

No discount. Take 6 is take 6. 

2 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I'm looking for deals on Joy & Encore but can't find any.  Maybe they's fixed the price goof ups.   At what point in booking did you see the deals?

We are a family of four. When you switch the mock bookings from 2 people to 4, a balcony comes in $500 less than an inside cabin. The balcony includes 3 perks as well compared to the 1 perk for an inside and is still $500 less. 3rd and 4th guest are free in balcony but are charged for in Oceanview and lower. I've never seen pricing like this so I can only assume there is an error. 

Edited by tallnthensome

Thanks for pointing out.  I have 5 promos now.  Then NCL offered $300 OBC, so I was able to add that.  Then NCL offered unlimited internet.  This is where I had to freeze because I can take the new offer but I will lose my $300 OBC.  OBC used to be a standard with NCL but sadly its very rare so for now I will freeze (as they would say on Card Sharks).

Edited by david_sobe

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Thanks for pointing out.  I have 5 promos now.  Then NCL offered $300 OBC, so I was able to add that.  Then NCL offered unlimited internet.  This is where I had to freeze because I can take the new offer but I will lose my $300 OBC.  OBC used to be a standard with NCL but sadly its very rare so for now I will freeze (as they would say on Card Sharks).

Where do you see the deals with unlimited internet?  I’m thinking about booking a haven and really the only deals are OBC because you get the other promotions all the time.

21 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Where do you see the deals with unlimited internet?  I’m thinking about booking a haven and really the only deals are OBC because you get the other promotions all the time.

This was an offer a couple of months ago. We had added the unlimited internet, then gave it up for the Take All 5 offer in November. 

Did book this promotion for 2/2020 cruise. Saved about $500 over searches last week for same cruise.

Mostly saved from 3rd sails free.

Was supposed to get all 6, but they only gave 5? Not giving ports credits? Not really needed, but?

FREE AIR? What a joke!

$600 per from Detroit to Orlando. $900 to Tampa? Same prices for Miami and NO.

We normally pay $200-300 per and that's school vacation week.

1 hour ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Did book this promotion for 2/2020 cruise. Saved about $500 over searches last week for same cruise.

Mostly saved from 3rd sails free.

Was supposed to get all 6, but they only gave 5? Not giving ports credits? Not really needed, but?

FREE AIR? What a joke!

$600 per from Detroit to Orlando. $900 to Tampa? Same prices for Miami and NO.

We normally pay $200-300 per and that's school vacation week.

It’s weird how those airfare promo amounts differ. The offer I got from NCL was $99 RT Minneapolis to Miami. (January 2020). That’s a nice little saviings 

28 minutes ago, Fk3908 said:

It’s weird how those airfare promo amounts differ. The offer I got from NCL was $99 RT Minneapolis to Miami. (January 2020). That’s a nice little saviings 

Checked out of Ohio as we have driving and flown to save almost $1,000 in the past for last minute trips and it was almost $1,400 per with FREE/REDUCED AIR.

The only thing I figured was being 2/2020, but your travel dates are just as far away?

Booked the Encore yesterday for 2/13/21 with all 6 promos.  It's winter break for our kids and it was a great rate.  My TA was booking 9 rooms for us.  Got 5 of them booked and when he got to the 6th the free air promo was gone.  When he called he was told the offer is capacity controlled.  He is working with his NCL rep to see if she can do anything but not looking good.  When you look at our sailing now, while it still shows "take all offers", the icon for the free or reduced air is gone.     

Tried to book it on our 6/20 cruise, the price was right including a slight increase in the cost of the cruise itself. With the first 2 at $0.00 and the other 2 at 390 it averages out at about $200.00 per person round trip out of Newark, NJ to Miami. No bad at all. The only problem was they would only give me same day arrival as the cruise. I am way too paranoid not to fly in the day before, if not 2 days before. 

We just booked for June 2020 and they had Orlando to to NYC as $99 for first 2 and $438 for the other two for an average cost of $268/person. Looking at flights for June 2019, it was about $175 a person round trip. We also want to spend some time in NYC pre-cruise, which they won't let us do.

Another promotional oddity, 3/4 sail free was active on the cruise every time I checked in the week leading up to booking including day of. Went to book direct through NCL on the night of 12/31 and they were charging $399 for 3 & 4. I booked through a large online agency at the same time with 3/4 sail free, but only pick 3 offers with 3/4 free as one and extra $200OBC. I don't normally book shore excursions through the cruise line and I like disconnecting, so I'm ok without having those, just found it odd. 3/4 free is now back on the NCL site.

Well, my TA was able to get our other 4 cabins switched to the free air promo.  The free air offer popped back in again briefly Saturday morning.  He attempted to book two additional cabins but the offer was gone.  Will keep watching it.