What Not To Miss On The Edge!!

vtcruising

29 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I thought "Alaska" for us when I saw this since we would prefer a traditional balcony for the Caribbean. It is a great picture!

On a different subject, did you see the huge coral on deck 11...I just saw a photo of it on a FB group thread, and it was beautiful...wonder where it is located on deck 11...maybe someone knows if you do not!  Otherwise, you can hunt it down on your upcoming cruise!

Edited by Lastdance

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

On a different subject, did you see the huge coral on deck 11...I just saw a photo of it on a FB group thread, and it was beautiful...wonder where it is located on deck 11...maybe someone knows if you do not!  otherwise, you can hunt it down on your upcoming cruise!

Hmmm, what did it look like?

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

On a different subject, did you see the huge coral on deck 11...I just saw a photo of it on a FB group thread, and it was beautiful...wonder where it is located on deck 11...maybe someone knows if you do not!  Otherwise, you can hunt it down on your upcoming cruise!

I thought thatdeck11 is all cabins. I will check it out; but can’t imagine where it is.  It must be ina stairwell.  I will be getting photos of the art in all the stairwells, so I hope it is there. 

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I looked through my pictures from deck 11 and I didn't find it, but found this interesting collection. The art on each deck seemed to have a theme (in hallways) as seen on other ships. I believe that 11 had an African theme. We had a long walk to the elevators so saw a lot of deck 11 art. 🙂

image.thumb.png.0591c3e5d373d63fa1d58bc3741fbf54.png

I enjoyed the art in the elevators as well. Each one had an interesting picture to look at (I think they were all people but I may not be remembering that correctly). Here is an example:

image.thumb.png.552e9c39dc9345ae0a97842600119dde.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, kearney said:

I noticed an issue in the theater where I had trouble understanding the singer... the background music seemed to over power. But in the martini bar I had not trouble hearing the musician. Now we were usually sitting down on deck 3... perhaps the issue is higher up. Now when they turned on the taped music for the chandelier light show at 6... that was loud. We never noticed thumping.... I do recall very early on there were reports of noise impacting a few cabins...but I never heard what the cause was but got the impression in might be from The Club. Sorry for this..... are you noticing the noise while in one of the specialty dining venues? We never tried one....

I agree with you regarding the theater and hearing the singers. In A Hot summer Night's Dream show I couldn't understand the narrator at all. Otherwise none of the other music seemed distracting to me.

17 hours ago, ecslady said:

What I notice in your pic, which was not there when I sailed on Dec. 9 is the contraption (don't know what you call it) that lowers disabled people into the pool.  Glad to see that!

It wasn't there for the Dec. 16th cruise ALTHOUGH I did notice the mounting platform for it and was wondering what that was for. Now I know!

Thanks, rosewood jo, for the great video!

I was sorting my pictures and found more things not to miss:

The Sunset Bar for Sail Away or anytime the weather is nice and you want some great aft views.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Starboard Smoking Area:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

A nice place for sunsets, so aptly named. 😊

The Cafe al Bacio on the Edge is lovely and a nice place to get coffee, with or without libations, latte, cappuccino, Tea Forte (our favorite) and regular bar drinks. There are nice places to sit for two, four or larger groups.

Coffee Cocktail Menu:

image.thumb.png.e95db0bc1bf807c7e8ef9c593cf1724a.png

Delicious complimentary sweets:

image.thumb.png.e0a1e3aee84fe9a24388067528c59b73.png

image.thumb.png.80e107f5bd99e1ca38fce3066dcc691c.png

Tea Forte:

image.png.9242286feb8379d0a1f636e8680154e7.png

image.thumb.png.3d306a8c2b32b9925e9c920d435c8a1f.png

image.thumb.png.659fa6428665000a142aed25931279e2.png

image.thumb.png.b5708531665b90ae0504b5bc48182de7.png

image.thumb.png.5a9d1f468797d9f4c832ec8fd306115b.png

image.thumb.png.024937e25cf2d6addf40e482c85d5aac.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Vt  , Edgies & everyone.

People  on  one of my roll calls were asking me for EDGE photos and menus A  huge task ..but it made me think that  maybe new  CC threads might be helpful. Do you think it would be a good idea to start two new threads or maybe reinvigorating  older ones..

1) EDGE Menus , Dining updates...mdr and specialty dining.

I know  sev threads already exist but seem to be getting lost  among so many Celeb thread posts..not sure how to keep this topic alive???

Or..

2) POST YOUR  3 BEST/FAV  EDGE PHOTOS....no copyrighted photos,  just fan favorites! 

Good idea or not?  If yes can someone start the ball rolling ? 

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Vt  , Edgies & everyone.

People  on  one of my roll calls were asking me for EDGE photos and menus A  huge task ..but it made me think that  maybe new  CC threads might be helpful. Do you think it would be a good idea to start two new threads or maybe reinvigorating  older ones..

1) EDGE Menus , Dining updates...mdr and specialty dining.

I know  sev threads already exist but seem to be getting lost  among so many Celeb thread posts..not sure how to keep this topic alive???

Or..

2) POST YOUR  3 BEST/FAV  EDGE PHOTOS....no copyrighted photos,  just fan favorites! 

Good idea or not?  If yes can someone start the ball rolling ? 

I've been thinking the same thing. I can start a thread with the info from the 1st post of the Edge Dining Venues - How Do We Choose thread (has how the MDRs work and menu links) and we could go from there. 🙂